Post-Game Talk: Slaf & Habs destroy Torts & Flyers

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Dvorak big upgrade on White. If he had good linemates Dvorak be a 15-20 goal scorer. He's solid defensively and good on faceoffs. Would make valuable player.

I've always seen him as having the potential to be a good top 9 winger, who can play center when you have injuries.

I would find this to be an interesting lineup next year:

Cc - Suzuki - Slaf
Dvo - Dach - [UFA]
Armia - Newhook - Roy
Gallagher - Evan's - Anderson/RHP/Pez/Ylonen

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I've always seen him as having the potential to be a good top 9 winger, who can play center when you have injuries.

Cc - Suzuki - Slaf
Dvo - Dach - [UFA]
Armia - Newhook - Roy
That’s a lot of money on the 4th line. Dvo has always been a wild card for productivity and his injury history sure is concerning. The Habs have a few bubble veterans at forward, however if they aren’t replaced with 2 UFA quality forwards, we will have no choice but to stand pat.

As far as I am concerned these are the bubble players:
Gallagher at 6.5M for 15g/15a for about 30p is not good enough. I’d like to see him bought out or traded to Vancouver with 50% retained (I almost feel value wise it’s better to buy him out)
Anderson at 5.5M is too much for a guy under performing this bad. I would like a team to take a chance on him
Armia at 3.4M for one more year is a better asset to keep. If he continues to score, easy deal at the deadline if the Habs are not competing
Dvorak at 4.45M for one more year… complete toss up. Evan’s is a decent 3rd line center. But who’s the 4th line center?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Cc - Suzuki - Slaf
Dvo - Dach - [UFA]
Armia - Newhook - Roy

I wish they would try Dvo at wing too. He actually has pretty soft hands for goal scoring. I also like Newhook as a 3rd line center.

I would go with:

CC - Suzuki-Slaf
Dvo-Dach-Roy
Armia-Newhook-Gallagher
XXXXXX-Evans-XXXXXX
Pezzetta, RHP

We desperately need to move Anderson. And, we need to upgrade our 4th line.

If we can move Dvorak that would be great. If we can't make him a winger. He can take faceoffs for Dach, who sucks at them.

Reactions: CDN24 and 26Mats

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
AdyGvxJ.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Flyers were bad. Cant believe Gallagher out skated someone to a loose puck. Josh scored as well. Even anderson scored. I expect him to get hot right about now.

Flyers gave the "We dont want torts here" effort.

Yeah, Seeler. I couldn't believe that too.

It was hilarious trying to watch him play defense on the 1st Dvorak goal, as he was following the puck and not his man. :facepalm:

Flyers just signed him to a 4 year, $10.8m extension too ($2.7m per year). Starts next year.

I can't believe they didn't wait on trading Cutter Gauthier. They basically gave that kid away. Drysdale isn't it.

Reactions: Runner77

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Assuming we make no trades for forwards this off-season and don't draft someone ready to step right into the NHL (Celebrini), I would try the following to start the year.

Roy - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Caufield
Armia - Dvorak - Gally
Anderson - Evans - RHP/Pez/Ylonen

Dach with Caufield creates two lines that can score and is tougher for teams to match up with. Newhook is completely safe as a 2nd line player, and slots in nicely. Roy on the top line, is a question mark.....but I want to see what he can do paired with our two best forwards from this year. Maybe the confidence translates to him???

Dvorak is perfect for a third line centre. If we are fighting for playoffs, we may have to keep both him and Armia and make a decision in the summer about walking or resigning. If we are struggling again, because of injuries or regression, than we trade both (along with Savard) at the TDL.

If we win the lottery, this lineup changes. As of now, I am operating on the assumption that we draft a player that likely won't be ready until 2025 (Demidov, Lindstrom, Iggy, Catton, Eiserman).

I am most exited for Slaf's continued growth next year. Suzuki further cementing himself as our leader and captain. Dach returning and reminding all of us, why we were so excited last year, and Caufield climbing up from this year's pace to be the sniper, we all know he can be.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Happy for Chad!

The Flyers? Oof! I knew we were beating them. That team is in shambles and if they miss the playoffs, which looks like they will, this is one of the worst end-of-season collapses I can recall in quite some time. All they needed was .500 hockey and they would had been in there.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite

Cc - Suzuki - Slaf
Dvo - Dach - [UFA]
Armia - Newhook - Roy
But where does Celebrini slot in, lol.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
If you would have told me in late November that Slaf would have around 50 points this year I would have called you every name in the book.

What a turnaround. What a player.
That’s funny because I did say there was a chance he hits 50 around that time of year. To lazy to go find the quote.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
But where does Celebrini slot in, lol.
For some reason I have a gut feeling we'll win the lottery this year. No team has good odds of winning it. I just have this reeling this year is our year.

I'm not usually delusional. But I'm confident in this instance I am.

Happy for Chad!

The Flyers? Oof! I knew we were beating them. That team is in shambles and if they miss the playoffs, which looks like they will, this is one of the worst end-of-season collapses I can recall in quite some time. All they needed was .500 hockey and they would had been in there.
Briere must have known how bad they were. He was a seller at the TDL.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah, Seeler. I couldn't believe that too.

It was hilarious trying to watch him play defense on the 1st Dvorak goal, as he was following the puck and not his man.
:facepalm:

Flyers just signed him to a 4 year, $10.8m extension too ($2.7m per year). Starts next year.

I can't believe they didn't wait on trading Cutter Gauthier. They basically gave that kid away. Drysdale isn't it.
He was so focused on trying to block the shot, he wasn't looking at anything else. Torts is very big on that, it used to be a huge thing with the Rangers, he wants his Dmen to block every shot possible, really drills that mentality into their heads.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Assuming we make no trades for forwards this off-season and don't draft someone ready to step right into the NHL (Celebrini), I would try the following to start the year.

Roy - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Caufield
Armia - Dvorak - Gally
Anderson - Evans - RHP/Pez/Ylonen

Dach with Caufield creates two lines that can score and is tougher for teams to match up with. Newhook is completely safe as a 2nd line player, and slots in nicely. Roy on the top line, is a question mark.....but I want to see what he can do paired with our two best forwards from this year. Maybe the confidence translates to him???

Dvorak is perfect for a third line centre. If we are fighting for playoffs, we may have to keep both him and Armia and make a decision in the summer about walking or resigning. If we are struggling again, because of injuries or regression, than we trade both (along with Savard) at the TDL.

If we win the lottery, this lineup changes. As of now, I am operating on the assumption that we draft a player that likely won't be ready until 2025 (Demidov, Lindstrom, Iggy, Catton, Eiserman).

I am most exited for Slaf's continued growth next year. Suzuki further cementing himself as our leader and captain. Dach returning and reminding all of us, why we were so excited last year, and Caufield climbing up from this year's pace to be the sniper, we all know he can be.
I like those forward lines. Among other things I want to see Anderson back with RHP.

Reactions: waitin425

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
For some reason I have a gut feeling we'll win the lottery this year. No team has good odds of winning it. I just have this reeling this year is our year.

I'm not usually delusional. But I'm confident in this instance I am.

I too have a good feeling about this years draft & I hope your right…if we stay 5-6 Cayden Lidstrom is a very realistic pick and he would look great beside Kirby Dach.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
I wish they would try Dvo at wing too. He actually has pretty soft hands for goal scoring. I also like Newhook as a 3rd line center.

I would go with:

CC - Suzuki-Slaf
Dvo-Dach-Roy
Armia-Newhook-Gallagher
XXXXXX-Evans-XXXXXX
Pezzetta, RHP

We desperately need to move Anderson. And, we need to upgrade our 4th line.

If we can move Dvorak that would be great. If we can't make him a winger. He can take faceoffs for Dach, who sucks at them.
I get the feeling that Kent will have a list of players available to trade this summer (Dvorak, Armia, Anderson, Harris, Struble, Kovasevich, Barron) and depending on who goes, line/duo combo will change quite a bit. That said, I'm thinking that no forward get traded this summer but they may move at the TDL (Dvorak and Armia specially). I'm not sure they will move Dvorak to W as this may lower his value if the goal is indeed to trade him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Nice to see Montreal on the other side of a blowout for a change, you could see all of them with smiles on their face.

Hopefully the tank skanks are not too pissed and take a day off for a change and not bitch and whine about a fun win and ruin it for others

Hard to believe that the flyers were in playoff contention until recently, they are awful. A glimpse to what is wrong with how many NHL teams conduct themselves.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Dvorak big upgrade on White. If he had good linemates Dvorak be a 15-20 goal scorer. He's solid defensively and good on faceoffs. Would make valuable player.

Dvorak is a good player who had unrealistic expectations on him because our GM let a 3rd overall player walk and then made a panic trade to replace him.

If he was just brought into be a 3rd line C, he would be much more appreciated given he is solid on D, wins faceoffs and can chip in 35 or so points. Because of Bergevin's stupidity, he was expected to come in and be a 50-60 point second line C despite never breaking 40 points in his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad