Post-Game Talk: Slaf & Habs destroy Torts & Flyers

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
5E1vtbs.gif
If this was the 60s ad agencies would be knocking down his door to be the Marlboro Man!!!

Combination of 007,Marlboro Man, and Steve McQueen all rolled into one!!!!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I just went to check advanced stats, Flyers should have won the game 4-2 (or 4-3) based on those. :laugh:

Habs xGF: 2.66 High Danger chances: 9
Flyers xGF: 4.04 High Danger chances: 19

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I just went to check advanced stats, Flyers should have won the game 4-2 (or 4-3) based on those. :laugh:

As i've always said advanced stats need to be taken with a huge grain of salt. Many advanced stats are highly subjective.

A real high danger chances depends on so many factors other than just the position of the shot. Who did the shot? Was there a passing lane avalaible when the shot was made? Was the shot the result of a pass, a broken play, a rebound or a fluke deflection? etc ....

I always found funny that for most advanced stats out there a shot in front of the net by Pazetta with no passing lanes avalaible like the only play he can do is shot is qualified as more dangerous than Ovy one timing the puck from his desk on the PP from a cross ice pass made after a fake shot by Carlsson.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Nice to see Montreal on the other side of a blowout for a change, you could see all of them with smiles on their face.

Hopefully the tank skanks are not too pissed and take a day off for a change and not bitch and whine about a fun win and ruin it for others

Hard to believe that the flyers were in playoff contention until recently, they are awful. A glimpse to what is wrong with how many NHL teams conduct themselves.

A similar thing happened in Vancouver when torts was there. The team got off to a great start under him but they got into a situation where they couldn't win to save their lives down the stretch.

I think it was a combination of his act wearing thin, and also that he loved playing his top guys well over 20 minutes a game, which you just can't do especially on a west coast team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you can work your magic on the tongue scene for our next GDT, you will move from our GDT MVP directly to the GDT HOF!
I'm really not that good, especially if animation is involved. I'd look to @Conflicted Habs fan, @Yep, @sheed36 and others who own expert level shooping skills. I hope one of them steps up otherwise I could attempt a still shot.

• Love
Reactions: waitin425

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
That’s a lot of money on the 4th line. Dvo has always been a wild card for productivity and his injury history sure is concerning.
Not only that, NONE of those players are 4th liners.. they are washed up top 9s. They have no right or reason to be used in that spot. Once our 4th line is made up of professional 4th liners from our development system, all on multi year team friendly contracts will we actially become a true contender.

Jul 6, 2016

yep.Montambeault was solid.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
As i've always said advanced stats need to be taken with a huge grain of salt. Many advanced stats are highly subjective.

A real high danger chances depends on so many factors other than just the position of the shot. Who did the shot? Was there a passing lane avalaible when the shot was made? Was the shot the result of a pass, a broken play, a rebound or a fluke deflection? etc ....

I always found funny that for most advanced stats out there a shot in front of the net by Pazetta with no passing lanes avalaible like the only play he can do is shot is qualified as more dangerous than Ovy one timing the puck from his desk on the PP from a cross ice pass made after a fake shot by Carlsson.
xGF technically takes into account distance, shot type, type of pass and a bunch of other things. It's mostly useful to evaluate how a goalies did in a game regardless of the score thought. Here it shows that Flyers goalies were awful-awful and Monty was good (let in 3 goals on 4 expected).

High danger, I mostly look at it to know if a team (or player) had an easy time getting near the net with the puck or not.

And with a lots of these stats, there could be differences between arenas because they are manually taken by spotters.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
A similar thing happened in Vancouver when torts was there. The team got off to a great start under him but they got into a situation where they couldn't win to save their lives down the stretch.

I think it was a combination of his act wearing thin, and also that he loved playing his top guys well over 20 minutes a game, which you just can't do especially on a west coast team.
The start to a season is not nearly as importoant as the finish,lots of teams start out hot, and what do you consider great? the chart shows the season and it's not that great if you ask anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad