Post-Game Talk: Slaf & Habs destroy Torts & Flyers

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Beating down Philadelphia is always a pleasure.

Letting them score 3 in 3rd wasn't great, though.

Congratulations to Slafkovsky on his first career hattrick!

Congratulations to Caufield on his 1st 60 pt season. He'll have a lot more of those.

Suzuki hits 75 pts!

Philadelphia did not do well in that Cutter Gauthier trade. Drysdale -6, and deservedly so. Seeler was terrible, too. -5. What terrible defenseman. Their goaltending was shit, too.

Gallagher is playing really well with Newhook as his center. The Armia-Newhook-Gallagher line has been consistently good since being put together. I wouldn't mind seeing that as our 3rd line next year.

Have a 2nd line of Roy - Dach - XXXXXX.

The only good thing about Dvorak coming back & scoring twice is it might make him more tradeable this summer. We need to rid ourselves of Anderson too.

A crushing of the Flyers - a lot of fun.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The Habs haven't had an 80-point center for the first time in decades, nor an 80-point player in over 16 years.
nor an 80-point player in over 16 years.
16 years.

old-man.gif

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
In a night of amazing performances hard to pick the highlight of the night, putting up 9, Slafs trick, Armia career high, Gally with 2, Harris with 3 apples or Dvo with a pair

After much debate it’s a no brainer, Dvo smiling during his intermission interview, never thought that would ever happen

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We need to get Slaf to 20G and 50 points

I know alot of folks are hard on Caufield but hitting 60 points is a nice milestone
At one point I really didn't like his board game but he was still putting up points.
I've noticed he seems more willing to go into high traffic areas and engage physically.
It could be a confidence thing with his shoulder and he's trusting it can handle the contact.
The more he can play off the boards the better that will never change.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Suzuki tying Koivu for the 8th most points in a season since our last cup. The most since Kovalev 84 points in 2007-2008 (16 years ago...) which is 5th. Top6 is still achievable with 78 points (Recchi 96-97).

Still tied in goals at 10th with Gallagher and Pacioretty, #3 is at 38 so still in reach with 5 games left if he scores once a game.

Matheson is currently 5th in points with 59 and Markov #1 64 points season is definitely within reach.

Caufield hits 60 and ties for #29. Top20 is at 65 points so again within reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad