skirmish between Chucky and Subban ??

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Just heard Dubé on 98.5 and he said that subban and chucky got in a brawl at the training session today. He also said Subby looked annoyed when journalists talked to him about that incident .

Thoughts ?

Good.

it would be much more concerning if the team didn't have skirmishes breaking out at practice with how bad they have been playing.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Galchenyuk is the only one with Price that cares since the start of the season. PK shouldn't be doing this **** with #27..

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Pk is trying to wake these guys up!!this is what real leaders do.he ll get them goin.

Of the two of them PK is the one that needs the wake up slap, not a leader at all.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
it's the humpteen time PK practices a bit too hard and everytime we see the video of the 'incident', it's nothing.

pk will pk

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Looks to me like Subban's antics, and need to be the center of attention, is wearing thin.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
PK is coming under scrutiny for his play. When you are the highest paid defenseman in the league... You gotta play like it.. Otherwise nobody is going to give you a break. There is no more 'he is still learning' 'he is still young' 'he needs to prove himself'

Now PK simply has to be PK. And he is not doing that.

Can't take the pressure don't take the contract.

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
Starting to lose respect for Subban and his antics.I wish we had a player like Shea Weber ,Geztlaf or Big joe.I can guarantee PK wouldnt make that **** with these players.

He's not doing this because he's competitive , he just want to be the center of attention.Why would you have an altercation with Chucky or Plekanec when they are the 2 player with the best work ethics on the team ? When you have the same player having multiple altecartions with different players , it should raise a red flag.

**** off subban , you are not bigger than the team.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Starting to lose respect for Subban and his antics.I wish we had a player like Shea Weber ,Geztlaf or Big joe.I can guarantee PK wouldnt make that **** with these players.

He's not doing this because he's competitive , he just want to be the center of attention.Why would you have an altercation with Chucky or Plekanec when they are the 2 player with the best work ethics on the team ? When you have the same player having multiple altecartions with different players , it should raise a red flag.

**** off subban , you are not bigger than the team.

or, perhaps it's a good sign that the guys with the work ethic, the guys who care, are practicing hard to the point of confrontation…

Its hockey.

How many "altercations" are there per game?

you gotta practice hard, even in season.

overblown.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Not new. Hasn't this happened with PK and a number of players? (Pleks, Patch, etc.) He likes to practice hard -- like he said, to prepare for game level. Not sure I'd appreciate it all the time though, but at least you know what you're getting with PK. Nothing to see, although that's why 24CH is such a distortion of what really goes on inside the team.

Chucky has developed a mean streak (in a good way) IMO. Looks hungry as fck and there's a reason they call him shoulders now, and it's not his pads anymore.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Who else was hoping for him to grapple Therrien to the ground? That part of the clip raised my expectations.

Least serious of the 'incidents' involving PK at practice.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
That was literally nothing. And to see the reactions from some on the board...

''Dance puppets, dance!'' -Montreal Media

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Typical Montreal media. No wonder PK is annoyed, around the league this happens at practices all the time with not even so much as a peep about it on the last page of the sports section. Here, we actually make a story out of this nonsense :laugh:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I think Subby is putting a lot on his shoulders this season. He should loosen up a bit and try to enjoy the game a little more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad