TBN: Skinner suspended 3 games

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Can’t really argue with where their throw-a-dart-on-the-wheel punishment landed
NHL puts a lot of pinholes in the drywall..
images

All in all, I'm fine with what Skinner did.
If skinner's stick had slid up Guentzel's stick and the contact been a result of follow-through, vs. Skinner directly raising the stick, then I could see a lesser call.
Cross-check to the kisser. I would have gone 2 games, but whatever. He's got to reign in that shit.
I assume the match penalty was for intent to injure?
Decades ago, it would have been coincidental minors, and 10 years ago an extra 2 min to Skinner for drawing blood.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Legal hit in terms of body / point of contact. Guentzel needs to keep his head up.
2 min minor for interference as Guentzel didn't have the puck.
If the puck wasn't intercepted 1 second earlier it would have been a perfect body check. The commentator is annoying. He probably could have let up.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Am I the only one annoyed by all the people posting video of the Skinner cross-check that leaves out the few seconds prior showing Guentzel slashing his leg? Just completely removing the context makes it seem like unprovoked insanity from Skinner.
its about as dumb as the idiots saying the slash to Skinner didn't hurt him and the reason he hit Jake is due to the goaltender beyond dumb mentally.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I used to do some work for the NHL. granted this was some time ago and things might have changed, but NHL admin positions were at the time filled with relatives, childhood friends and “positions of favor.” They didn’t often hire outside the circle. Again this was some time ago so things may have changed. I myself was only contracted but got the gig from a buddy.
When you do nothing but the hiring equivalent of inbreeding you end up with lots of good banjo players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad