Speculation: Skinner or Pacioretty to Chicago

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I'm not as familiar with the Hawks. What do you expect your defense to look like?

I think you guys will be happy with Cam Ward, as long as he doesn't have to play too many games. IMO, he's been a lot better than his numbers suggest in Carolina, just a crap team in front of him.

EDIT: And when the team did improve, the system Peters ran left goalies exposed quite often.

I heard they want to play ward 30 to 35 games to give Crawford enough rest and fresher for a solid playoff run.

Defensively
If faulk comes to Chicago

It will probably look like

Keith / faulk
Forsling /Gustafson maybe murphy or J oki
Manning /Seabrook

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I heard they want to play ward 30 to 35 games to give Crawford enough rest and fresher for a solid playoff run.

Defensively
If faulk comes to Chicago

It will probably look like

Keith / faulk
Forsling /Gustafson maybe murphy or J oki
Manning /Seabrook

Who takes that spot if Faulk doesn't come to Chicago? Or would you think they'd make a different move to bring someone in?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
DeBrincat could play left or right wing and Schmaltz has also had a lot of success as a LW as well so if patches or skinner isnt acquired expect one of them likely being the 2nd line LW. If they dont swing for the fences then Saad-Toews-Cat and Schmaltz-Arty Party-Kane would likely be their top 6 next seasons with players like Kahun and Sikura likely being the 3rd line

I'd agree with that . That's why I think they would like to keep anisomov either for that case or to be a solid 3rd line center for edsel and sikura

But it is getting interesting with Stan in talks for faulk, Skinner, and Pac

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Who takes that spot if Faulk doesn't come to Chicago? Or would you think they'd make a different move to bring someone in?

I heard rutta but I don't see him being on this team his cap hit being 2,3 million he isn't a top pairing guy. So I'm think it's gonna be faulk more for guarantee top pairing. Unless they work with Tampa to get Anton stralman if Tampa is still looking for a 3rd, team to get karlsson.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I'm not as familiar with the Hawks. What do you expect your defense to look like?

I think you guys will be happy with Cam Ward, as long as he doesn't have to play too many games. IMO, he's been a lot better than his numbers suggest in Carolina, just a crap team in front of him.

EDIT: And when the team did improve, the system Peters ran left goalies exposed quite often.

D is honestly hard to predict even last year we had like 4 Dmen who could compete for a bottom spot (Forsling, Kempny, Gustafsson, Oesterle) but none were obviously good enough to be a sollid top 4 guy and its not really easier this season either, theyre in a weird spot as Boqvist, Mitchell, Jokiharju likely arent ready at all yet and need time.

I would like to see Jokiharju given a fair chance this season but I dont think it will be in the cards for him this year with the right side being full

Keith-Rutta
Murphy-Seabrook
Manning/Forsling-gustaffson

with Henri playing in Rockford

I also really hope Darling has a strong rebound year he was a great goalie here and able to play long stretches whenever Crow would need to miss time. Had he still been in the fold and starting games over the goalie carousel we had last year (Glass, Forsberg, berube, Delia and Foster) it probably would have been a better results in a decent chunk of games.

Reactions: SoCalFan

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Barring any trades or surprise rookie performances we’re probably looking at something like:

Keith-Murphy
Forsling-Ruutta
Manning-Seabrook
Gustafsson

IMO the Blackhawks are in a real transition period where they have a bunch of blue-chip D prospects (Boqvist, Jokiharju, Beaudin, Ian Mitchell, Lucas Carlsson) that are all a couple years away from contributing, while Keith and Seabrook are gradually going to make their way down the lineup (more so Seabrook this coming year).

Personally I don’t really understand why they would persue someone like Pacioretty at his age, especially if it means giving up future assets. By the time most of these kids are ready, Patches will likely be over the hill.

I think they should just stay the course and see if they can’t grab a potential future 1C in the 2019 draft and build from there, especially considering Crawford might not be ready this coming year.

Reactions: SoCalFan

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Probably Rutta or someone else internally its hard because the defense is kind of in a lame duck period as great as faulk is he may not be here long and Boqvist, Ian Mitchell, and Jokiharju play the right side so it may be a D log jam again if 2 of those 3 pan out to be decent players its hard to really asses and speculate imo

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Probably Rutta or someone else internally its hard because the defense is kind of in a lame duck period as great as faulk is he may not be here long and Boqvist, Ian Mitchell, and Jokiharju play the right side so it may be a D log jam again if 2 of those 3 pan out to be decent players its hard to really asses and speculate imo
Yeah I think they should just wait it out until the young guys are ready and draft some studs next year. No need to give up assets right now, since at best even with Faulk we’re probably a bubble playoff team (we’d probably have to give up a roster player anyhow).

Reactions: ColbyChaos

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
D is honestly hard to predict even last year we had like 4 Dmen who could compete for a bottom spot (Forsling, Kempny, Gustafsson, Oesterle) but none were obviously good enough to be a sollid top 4 guy and its not really easier this season either, theyre in a weird spot as Boqvist, Mitchell, Jokiharju likely arent ready at all yet and need time.

I would like to see Jokiharju given a fair chance this season but I dont think it will be in the cards for him this year with the right side being full

Keith-Rutta
Murphy-Seabrook
Manning/Forsling-gustaffson

with Henri playing in Rockford

I also really hope Darling has a strong rebound year he was a great goalie here and able to play long stretches whenever Crow would need to miss time. Had he still been in the fold and starting games over the goalie carousel we had last year (Glass, Forsberg, berube, Delia and Foster) it probably would have been a better results in a decent chunk of games.

I agree with all that but I heard Joki,is gonna be given serious look this year and I don't think Rutta will be here especially with Keith being a year older and rutta isn't a top guy, they know they need fix that.

Seabrook I think gets moved to 3rd pairing I think with manning i think it was clear Seabrook has slowed down and would be better suited to still help but in a limited role.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Yeah I think they should just wait it out until the young guys are ready and draft some studs next year. No need to give up assets right now, since at best even with Faulk we’re probably a bubble playoff team (we’d probably have to give up a roster player anyhow).

The problem with that is they have the core locked up for 5 more years all at age 30 or getting older. They know the window with this core for a 4th cup is closing and 2 years left to achieve that .

Those kids won't be ready for at least 2 to 3 more years. So I think getting hossa contract moved now gives them the best possible chance for 1 more run.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Barring any trades or surprise rookie performances we’re probably looking at something like:

Keith-Murphy
Forsling-Ruutta
Manning-Seabrook
Gustafsson

IMO the Blackhawks are in a real transition period where they have a bunch of blue-chip D prospects (Boqvist, Jokiharju, Beaudin, Ian Mitchell, Lucas Carlsson) that are all a couple years away from contributing, while Keith and Seabrook are gradually going to make their way down the lineup (more so Seabrook this coming year).

Personally I don’t really understand why they would persue someone like Pacioretty at his age, especially if it means giving up future assets. By the time most of these kids are ready, Patches will likely be over the hill.

I think they should just stay the course and see if they can’t grab a potential future 1C in the 2019 draft and build from there, especially considering Crawford might not be ready this coming year.

Exact same thoughts. This is basically the transition period everyone thought would happen after 2015 and 2016. With how unpredictable the central is the last thing Id want is to give up a 1st especially this early with how close everyone outside of the NSH, WPG, STL hydra are in comparison to each other.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
It's fair if Patches is a rental. If he's extended, then they add a 1st.
any team that trades for patch in the offseason will extend him. a deadline trade is a different story but yeah to me, If pacioretty is willing to take something like 5x 6.5M, Beaudin + protected 1st would be value

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Jets
Nashville
Blues,
top of the Metro, there should be a tier between them and the next group.
Pretty much. However, who knows where the Avs end up? Do they regress, stay an 8th seed/bubble team or progress even further and insert themselves into the conversation for a division seed? Getting even 4th in the central could be tough for the Hawks; there are a lot of teams they have to pass.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
any team that trades for patch in the offseason will extend him. a deadline trade is a different story but yeah to me, If pacioretty is willing to take something like 5x 6.5M, Beaudin + protected 1st would be value

I think it's going to be a 1 year rental to make a run at a 4th cup with only a 2 year window left with this core to win. This way they have the cap space to resign schmaltz and sikura next year especially schmaltz will be looking for maybe 6 or 7 million if he takes another step forward this year sikura that's iffy on the money but it could be if he has a breakout season maybe 4 million

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Pretty much. However, who knows where the Avs end up? Do they regress, stay an 8th seed/bubble team or progress even further and insert themselves into the conversation for a division seed? Getting even 4th in the central could be tough for the Hawks; there are a lot of teams they have to pass.

All depends upon if the hawks acquire Pac, Skinner and faulk , if that happens you could easily make a strong case for them to win the cup.

That's a lot of fire power with Shoring up the RHD and Crawford back in net .

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
All depends upon if the hawks acquire Pac, Skinner and faulk , if that happens you could easily make a strong case for them to win the cup.

That's a lot of fire power with Shoring up the RHD and Crawford back in net .
Well, yes if they get all the remaining top assets that look to be traded soon, then yes I would agree they would jump right up the rankings. To be be fair what are the chances they get all those guys, without moving out valuable roster parts in return?

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Beaudin + a second + Highmore for patches? The hawks defense is what I'm more concerned with. I also wouldn't want Faulk because I don't think he's good on the defensive end.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Well, yes if they get all the remaining top assets that look to be traded soon, then yes I would agree they would jump right up the rankings. To be be fair what are the chances they get all those guys, without moving out valuable roster parts in return?

This is who I see Stan moving out to free up more cap space and still having money left for February.

Saad Gustafson rutta murphy

With fill all the roster spots as of now with whom we figure will make the team they have 5.5 million left , by trading saad and either murphy or Gustafson and rutta that gives the additional money to pick up Skinner and faulk. I'm sure in that deal Carolina might retain some salary but it won't be anything crazy maybe 20 to 30 % tops.

Those guys I named I dont Stans sees them as assets valuable enough to go forward and it relieves them of a RHD problem and helps them with their future signings like schmaltz and debrincant and sikura all due raises next year and the following.

So for the hawks it's a chance with the aging core with only a 2 year window left to win a 4th cup.

I'd give them a 70% chance I do think the hang up was hossa contract , now with adding Kruger back that solidify 4th line defensive center , Kunitz adds experience and leadership, ward adds experience and can allow Crawford enough rest for a cup run.

They will keep anisomov to center the 3rd line with edsell,and sikura both young highly skilled rookies.

Manning solidify 3rd pairing d with Seabrook
Then faulk slots in with Keith

Forsling and maybe murphy if here 2nd pairing with rookie J oki, a top d prospect being groomed for futre

Last edited:

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Beaudin + a second + Highmore for patches? The hawks defense is what I'm more concerned with. I also wouldn't want Faulk because I don't think he's good on the defensive end.

But Keith is andmpairing him and Keith together allows Keith to be more of a defensive guy with the occasional jumping in.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
But Keith is andmpairing him and Keith together allows Keith to be more of a defensive guy with the occasional jumping in.
Keith just had the worst season of his career, he wasn't doing all that great in the defensive end and him playing #1 defenseman minutes wasn't the reasoning. He got beat plenty, he's starting to age out.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Keith just had the worst season of his career, he wasn't doing all that great in the defensive end and him playing #1 defenseman minutes wasn't the reasoning. He got beat plenty, he's starting to age out.

Yeah that's true , but either he slots 1 or 2nd group , at This point between Keith and Seabrook you have 12 million locked for the next 5 to 6 years,

Faulk would have 3 years left
Gustafson, rutta are expendable, murphy would be moved if his cap money is needed and rutta didn't move .

I heard they plan on giving joki..and good look and chance to make this team, if he does that gives him time to work his way in to take over top,4 role.
Forsling is better then Gustafson and rutta and on his last year 875k so he could jump into top 4 role . Seabrook slides down to 3rd pairing to limit his time yet still be valuable and effective.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
GMs knows Pacioretty will be hungry this season, he UFA, just had the worst season of his career and got lowballed. Chicago is weak at LW and Pacioretty would look good with a guy like Toews who's good a retrieving pucks and battling for them.
Patches would play well with Toews I think, but I don’t see the hole you do. The Hawks have Saad at LW, who most Hawks fans and likely the team expect to bounce back. They also have Debrincat, who is stronger at LW than RW. D should be first priority, then securing a top 6 wing. Even then, they show probably go after a RW, or a 3C if they just want to move Schmaltz to wing to fill that hole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad