Speculation: Skinner or Pacioretty to Chicago

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Isn't the 4th period pretty unreliable? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Would have to imagine any deal for Skinner/Patches would be futures based as the Hawks want to strengthen their NHL roster, not deplete it.

Reactions: Flukeshot

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Isn't the 4th period pretty unreliable? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Would have to imagine any deal for Skinner/Patches would be futures based as the Hawks want to strengthen their NHL roster, not deplete it.

He's been good this offseason.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
neutral reader here,

where do the Hawks really begin with a trade offer for either of them? Their most desirable prospects are their D prospects, but they wont depart with those especially with the state of their current D lineup.

Is Crawford healthy? If not, Ward/Forsberg is your tandem and I can see them inline with another high 1st.

Do a combo of 2nds/prospects get it done ?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
If Saad bounces back, a top six of Toews, Kane, Saad, DeBrincat, Schmaltz, and one of Skinner/Pacioretty is pretty damn good.

The bottom six is pretty meh though especially if Anisimov is also gone.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Good for Chicago. They're a great team. Even though everything went wrong last season, they are still a threat. Adding scoring help and a defender would open the cup window right back up, in my opinion.

Skinner would take a lot to get, but would probably cost more. 1st rounder has to be included in either deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would be interesting if the Blackhawks make two moves with this new cap space. I think the Habs would be interested to retain salary if we got the return we wanted for Patch. Lets say the Habs retain $2M bringing his current AAV hit to the Blackhawks at $2M. That still leaves room to acquire another serious asset.

Habs also have some depth on D that the Blackhawks could use. Schlemko could be a good fit as well and the Habs can also retain if required.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why would Hawks give up Forsling + 1st for 1 year of a player coming off horrific season?

1 year of Pacioretty isn't worth Forsling + 1st and he wants too much $$$ longterm which would be problem when Hawks go to extend Schmaltz + Debrincat

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Would Carolina want Saad in a deal for Skinner? There was rumour around Saad for Faulk earlier this off season.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think the space will be used for Faulk but looking at Chicago's roster they do seem to need a forward more than a D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad