Speculation: Skinner or Pacioretty to Chicago

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He just scored 28 as a 19 year old. He'll be a 30 goal guy.

That's what I Said but clearly these Canadian fans laughed at that and patches is on the decline which JVR is at this point still a better player. If he was so great Montreal would keep him, instead they see his decline.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Cant shiphim to Seattle since he has a NTC

Players have waived their NMC in the past and with how much of a team player seabs is I wouldn’t be shocked if he decides to take one for the team especially if he knows it’s to protect someone important. Just my feeling on it I don’t think it would be a phaneuff situation

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Thought they'd be going after Panarin. But I think Patches will likely go elsewhere, so Skinner is their next best-bet.

But I think Nashville should try getting Skinner, that or San Jose.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
=
That's what I Said but clearly these Canadian fans laughed at that and patches is on the decline which JVR is at this point still a better player. If he was so great Montreal would keep him, instead they see his decline.
Nhaaaa, I think there's a feud..

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Montréal should be looking to add Toews not Seabrook

They need a center.

No we don’t need Centers. We just drafted about 12 of them in the past 2 years. We need RW and LHD prospects mostly.

Imo, a fair trade would be Beaudin + Hawks 1st (top 3 protected).

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Here is what I see Stan trying to do and I do think he is going to be bold.

Since the new CBA is in 2020 and the core is locked up for 5 more years with no movement clauses they have 2 years to get a 4th cup

So I see Stan trading away saad , murphy , rutta and Gustafson

With 9.3 million now and trading say saad 15.3 and either rutta and or murphy that's almost 18 million

They have a deal in place for Pac
Then if they can get Skinner and faulk
That's where saad is traded.

The lines then are

Toews Skinner debrincant
Schmaltz Pac and Kane
Edsel Anisomov sikura
Kruger Kunitz Hayden

D pairings

Keith faulk
Forsling / Gustafson/ Joki,,,
Manning Seabrook

Moving saad gives them future cap flexibility for schmaltz and debrincant signings

Plus they have cap space to tweak this team come February.

That's what I think Stan would like to happen

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I could see a Saad for Pacioretty.

Terribly short sighted move tbh. Patches being a UFA soon and looking for a big pay day kills it for me. If Saad rebounds it will be better for Chicago's cap long term than a single year of Patches then having to pay him basically double his current contract when Schmaltz, DeBrincat, Sikura need to be re-upped.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Here is what I see Stan trying to do and I do think he is going to be bold.

Since the new CBA is in 2020 and the core is locked up for 5 more years with no movement clauses they have 2 years to get a 4th cup

So I see Stan trading away saad , murphy , rutta and Gustafson

With 9.3 million now and trading say saad 15.3 and either rutta and or murphy that's almost 18 million

They have a deal in place for Pac
Then if they can get Skinner and faulk
That's where saad is traded.

The lines then are

Toews Skinner debrincant
Schmaltz Pac and Kane
Edsel Anisomov sikura
Kruger Kunitz Hayden

D pairings

Keith faulk
Forsling / Gustafson/ Joki,,,
Manning Seabrook

Moving saad gives them future cap flexibility for schmaltz and debrincant signings

Plus they have cap space to tweak this team come February.

That's what I think Stan would like to happen

who on earth do you see being given up not just for Skinner + Faulk, but also Patches since those three will likely cost a lot more than you think.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Terribly short sighted move tbh. Patches being a UFA soon and looking for a big pay day kills it for me. If Saad rebounds it will be better for Chicago's cap long term than a single year of Patches then having to pay him basically double his current contract when Schmaltz, DeBrincat, Sikura need to be re-upped.

Well, the deal would come with an agreed extension for Pacioretty obviously. If not, no deal.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

I DO think saad will be traded but I believe it will be him going to Carolina for faulk and Skinner

And I do think Stan will get Pac as well to replace that defensive side in saad we would lose .
Plus it gives Stan next year more money for resigning schmaltz and debrincant with the potential of a 4th cup.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I DO think saad will be traded but I believe it will be him going to Carolina for faulk and Skinner

And I do think Stan will get Pac as well to replace that defensive side in saad we would lose .
Plus it gives Stan next year more money for resigning schmaltz and debrincant with the potential of a 4th cup.

who would you have being traded for Patches especially if theres a decent extension in place, MTL would want futures/players like Cat or Schmaltz

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
who on earth do you see being given up not just for Skinner + Faulk, but also Patches since those three will likely cost a lot more than you think.

Saad will go to Carolina that's for sure Pac I think Montreal asking price has come down , who else I see moving rutta and murphy . Thats to give them plenty of cap space.

Faulk and Skinner are about 10 mill we currently have 9.3 pack is 4.5 so moving saad makes it all possible cap wise.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Moving saad would be a long term cap space movement opening up money for schmaltz and debrincant and sikura, plus they get a RHD and scoring punch short term for a 4th cup . The new CBA is 2 years away so Crawford contract is off the books then and debrincant and sikura and schmaltz are signed .

Then Seabrook and Keith dependingmupon new CBA rules we might be able to buy out. Just how I see Stan trying to get the most out of his core for 2 more years .

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
who would you have being traded for Patches especially if theres a decent extension in place, MTL would want futures/players like Cat or Schmaltz

Montreal is in more of a box, he isn't resigning with them, they will move him out now and last year he had a off year so teams might be skeptical to offer the farm or a long term signing especially with the possibility he could get injured again.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Just Saad for Skinner AND Faulk? Or are you saying there are other pieces coming from Chicago? If not, I sure hope the Canes don't do that deal.

Skinner's value at the deadline is a mid-late 1st and a prospect at least.
Faulk's value (with 2 years left) is at least that as well IMO.

Two seasons ago, Skinner and Faulk scored 54 goals and Saad had 24. The last two seasons combined, they had 86 and Saad has had 42. I do get that Skinner has only 1 year left and Faulk has 2, but the extra 1-2 years of Saad don't make up that much value IMO.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Montreal is in more of a box, he isn't resigning with them, they will move him out now and last year he had a off year so teams might be skeptical to offer the farm or a long term signing especially with the possibility he could get injured again.
GMs knows Pacioretty will be hungry this season, he UFA, just had the worst season of his career and got lowballed. Chicago is weak at LW and Pacioretty would look good with a guy like Toews who's good a retrieving pucks and battling for them.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
GMs knows Pacioretty will be hungry this season, he UFA, just had the worst season of his career and got lowballed. Chicago is weak at LW and Pacioretty would look good with a guy like Toews who's good a retrieving pucks and battling for them.

DeBrincat could play left or right wing and Schmaltz has also had a lot of success as a LW as well so if patches or skinner isnt acquired expect one of them likely being the 2nd line LW. If they dont swing for the fences then Saad-Toews-Cat and Schmaltz-Arty Party-Kane would likely be their top 6 next seasons with players like Kahun and Sikura likely being the 3rd line

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
DeBrincat could play left or right wing and Schmaltz has also had a lot of success as a LW as well so if patches or skinner isnt acquired expect one of them likely being the 2nd line LW. If they dont swing for the fences then Saad-Toews-Cat and Schmaltz-Arty Party-Kane would likely be their top 6 next seasons with players like Kahun and Sikura likely being the 3rd line

I'm not as familiar with the Hawks. What do you expect your defense to look like?

I think you guys will be happy with Cam Ward, as long as he doesn't have to play too many games. IMO, he's been a lot better than his numbers suggest in Carolina, just a crap team in front of him.

EDIT: And when the team did improve, the system Peters ran left goalies exposed quite often.

Reactions: ColbyChaos

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

I agree they are weak on the LW but he'll be playing with Kane to give that line a solid 2 way forward and that's why I see saad moving out if they can swing a deal with Carolina for both Skinner and faulk moving Skinner to the top line making that line a real threat with Skinner toews and debrincant.

Skinners skill and speed would guarantee that line being more effective.

Pac is a solid 2 way playmaker who I see with Kane and schmaltz being a true cup contender then maybe

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad