Speculation: Skinner or Pacioretty to Chicago

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Patches would play well with Toews I think, but I don’t see the hole you do. The Hawks have Saad at LW, who most Hawks fans and likely the team expect to bounce back. They also have Debrincat, who is stronger at LW than RW. D should be first priority, then securing a top 6 wing. Even then, they show probably go after a RW, or a 3C if they just want to move Schmaltz to wing to fill that hole.

Their looking at faulk , Skinner and Pac, I think if they get Pac 1st , then the domino affect would be trading,saad for faulk and Skinner, this way the only cap remaining is faulks , Skinner, Pac are free next summer , we have a RHD, schmaltz and sikura will get their raises next summer with no issues due to cap restraints with toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith, Crawford all locked up for 5 to 6 years.

Saad may bounce back but if Pac is on this team then id think their next move is faulk and Skinner,

Rutta and Gustafson and maybe murphy are traded as well to make room cap wise and open spots for Forsling and Joki....

If that all happens Pac is a sou d 2 way forward however he maybe better suited on lanes line to have both top 2 lines have strongm2 way forwards, moving Skinner to the top with debrincant is pure speed and fire power to cover for toews who is on a decline but may become renergized.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I think Skinner would look great in Chicago. I feel like he would be a better bang for buck

I think Stans trying now to really improve this team now that hossa contract is gone. But I think he wants Pac 1st as a reassurance that he can have 2 solid top lines , then Skinner faulk would be the final piece,to go after, he wants a RHD but getting Skinner allows him then to trade saad for 2 reasons future cap money and he has Pac which gives him a solid 2 way forward nothing lost their.

And I think it would spark the whole team with that kinda change.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
to trade saad for 2 reasons future cap money and he has Pac which gives him a solid 2 way forward nothing lost their.

I highly doubt Saad gets traded after him just getting back to Chi town and the price of what it cost to bring him back. Also he had a bad year, should be better this coming season for sure

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I think the general feeling is this isn't going to be the lineup that starts the season. Bowman will make a move for either a top-six forward or top-four dman.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I highly doubt Saad gets traded after him just getting back to Chi town and the price of what it cost to bring him back. Also he had a bad year, should be better this coming season for sure

I can see Stan moving him if they get Pac and have the chance to get Skinner and faulk. It's his 6 million that Chicago is free of come next July to resign schmaltz and sikura.

Carolina wants saad and if we can get both faulk and Skinner, I see Stan pulling the trigger.

It's about a cup run 1 last time and the future cap space for the young guys

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
If Patches goes to Chicago.. Nick Schmaltz would be the target and probably Anisimov could be involved if a guy like Alzner or Schlemko come into the deal.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I can see Stan moving him if they get Pac and have the chance to get Skinner and faulk. It's his 6 million that Chicago is free of come next July to resign schmaltz and sikura.

Carolina wants saad and if we can get both faulk and Skinner, I see Stan pulling the trigger.

It's about a cup run 1 last time and the future cap space for the young guys

Is more coming with Saad? If not, that’s A pretty bad deal for Carolina.

Reactions: Tryamw and MinJaBen

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
You’ll need to pair a 1st just to move Seabrook

But our GM has done dumber things so I’ll never say never

I was insinuating that that was an insulting offer (Seabrook + 1st) and that it is still more reasonable than Schmaltz (a more insulting offer).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad