Value of: Skinner and Faulk

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
You guys are going to be absolutely ****ed if you think having almost half your cap in 4 players is a recipe for success.
I'm sure people were freaking about 4 7 million contracts back when the cap was at 60M, don't you worry little guy we gon be alright

Reactions: SebastianAhoe

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I'm sure people were freaking about 4 7 million contracts back when the cap was at 60M, don't you worry little guy we gon be alright

Chicago's looked good since the Toews and Kane contracts.

As Vegas proved this year, depth is important.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Chicago's looked good since the Toews and Kane contracts.

As Vegas proved this year, depth is important.
That's really weird to bring up Vegas, our forwards and D are better.

What Vegas proved is all you need is a team to buy in and a hot goalie - Washington just showed that having both of those and a skilled lineup is even better. So Leafs have 1/3 with Andersen being Vezina worthy when he's hot so possible 2/3, and I think we'll have a much better system without our 3 UFAs that had the worst effort levels on the team this season.

So IMO 3/3 is possible which would lead to a Cup win

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
In a vacuum, Jake Muzzin + Tyler Toffoli for Justin Faulk + Jeff Skinner.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
What's realistic for Faulk to TO?

I think CAR would love to find a way to get Kadri by adding to Faulk. However, I doubt TOR wants to give him up. Kapanen, I don’t think interests the team much unless he is packaged with significant futures. A player for player deal is probably preferred, but futures only certainly not out of the question.

The biggest needs now in CAR are top 6 scoring, ideally in the form of a Center, and a proven #1 goalie or #1 goalie prospects.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
What's realistic for Faulk to TO?
What do the Canes think is realistic or what does Toronto think is realistic? Probably quite different.

I'd say ideal from our standpoint would be Kadri in a one-for-one at this point. However, given his very friendly contract and your contract challenges over the next couple of years, I can see why the Leafs would be reluctant to entertain such a trade. I'd add to get Nylander, but I also understand that there is little appetite among your fan base for a "5 nickles for a quarter" type of trade. On our side, I'd say we could take a futures heavy return, but I think it would have to include a 1st, Kapanen, and Sparks/Pickard. And honestly, if another team offered a more one-for-one type trade, that would be taken before a package like that.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If people want to look at the type of deals that Waddell wants then just look at what he has said and done. He wants to upgrade the roster. He added two better players outproducing their contract in Dougie Hamilton and Ferland for two younger players with more potential but less results. He traded out a useless NHL piece (for the Canes) in Kruger for a potentially useful 4th line spark plug in Martinook. He added De Haan to an already stacked defense. The Canes failed miserably in net but that is more-so related to the steaming pile of Darling on the books.

If your deal doesn't upgrade the Canes roster next year then it probably won't get it done. At the very least it should be lateral. I'd be surprised if the Canes wanted to move roster pieces for futures at this point as the Canes have one of the best/deepest prospect pools in the league. And "upgrade" can mean a style or fit upgrade for the Canes, as in the case of Skinner for Simmonds (or Kruger for Martinook).

Reactions: Unsustainable

The Faulker

Dec 1, 2013
Skinner for Simmonds
Faulk + 3rd for Saad

Saad - Aho - Teuvo
Simmonds - Staal - Williams
Ferland - Necas - Svechnikov
Zykov - Rask - McGinn
(Martinook)

Slavin - Hamilton
De Haan - Pesce
Fleury - TVR

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
I have a feeling that Toronto is gearing up for Faulk. We added another goaltender and have an abundance of LHD. Faulk reminds me of Gardiner and we dont need that type IMO. I hope it's more of a Pickard + for TvR if anything.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
I'd hope so...we paid a second to get him and he played really well in a 3rd pairing role for us. No reason to think he got less valuable.

Very late second (#62) and you received a 7th round pick back. I would say that makes him worth closer to a 3rd. Especially since he is now your #7 D and you have Bean, Carrick and McKeown pushing for an NHL job. I think it makes more sense to trade Faulk value wise.

I would like to target McKeown and TVR though if we could. Would a 1st round pick get both?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad