Value of: Skinner and Faulk

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
From Sharks

Faulk-Tierney+Braun/Labanc+2 2nds

Pretty much same for Skinner. I think for both of them though Sharks are open to negotiating because they both fill a need.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
How many middling backups to the Canes need? Are they going to start rotating them like a bullpen?

There seems to be the impression that they are shopping Skinner for just about any help and the main piece is Tierney, so IDK? Depends in the picks?

Hurricanes should absolutely be more cautious with Faulk though.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Maatta+Sprong+Jarry+conditional 1st if Skinner re-signs for both.

You said separately but would be interested in both

Reactions: Trade

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
The Skinner proposal has been beaten over so many times. It seemed the AVs had the best option for

Skinner

for

2018-1st (16th)
Greer or Kamenev

The opportunity might be lost though, AVs drafted a RW and prospects could be joining the team this season. They might decide to wait until Skinner becomes a UFA.

TheBlackFish

Jun 22, 2016
Wayne Simmonds
Radko Gudas
2019 2nd if Simmonds doesn't resign

For

Justin Faulk
Trevor Van Reimsdyk

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I like both of those for the Canes

I'll have my people contact your people.

Honestly though, I could see a trade like this happening. It'd all be dependent on the Wild being able to make a deal with Toronto for Nylander.

As an aside, are Canes fans displeased with Faulk's performance as of late? Thought this guy was going to develop into a Top 20 defenseman a few years ago.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Our needs:
Center, LHD, and Goalie.

That's what it's been, but I was just looking at our forwards and I think the main needs have changed to LW, LHD, and GOALIE (can you tell how comfortable I am with Darling and Mrazek?), especially if Skinner goes.

I have a hunch that the brass moves Aho permanently to C this season, joined by Staal, Rask, and Necas (unless they want to start him off on the wing). Our left wings would be some combo of Ferland, McGinn, Zykov, Foegele, and Martinook? I guess Turbo could switch sides, but if we move Skinner LW looks like it could stand reinforcing more than C, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I'll have my people contact your people.

Honestly though, I could see a trade like this happening. It'd all be dependent on the Wild being able to make a deal with Toronto for Nylander.

As an aside, are Canes fans displeased with Faulk's performance as of late? Thought this guy was going to develop into a Top 20 defenseman a few years ago.

Our RHD:

Hamilton
Pesce
Faulk
TVR
Fox
McKeown
Martin

TVR is the best option to keep on the right side till we sign Fox. Faulk has the most value and the easiest to move. Pesce signed a long deal at a great price.

Reactions: LakeLivin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad