Value of: Skinner and Faulk

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I love everything else from your post.....just think we are asking too much too soon for Fluery to be depended upon to play top 4 minutes night in and night out. In a pinch, yeah, no problem. Not to mention a Fluery/Pesce pairing is about the least offensively potent D pairing in league history.

Fluery had an Offensive upside at one point in his development. Pesce would allow him to be a bit more loose.

But it would also be a good pairing on the PK, and maybe to put out with the Nino - Necas - Svechnikov line.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I would be tempted by that, but I have to ask, does Trevor hang his mouth guard out his mouth the whole game like James? If so its a no go from me. I don't know why, but that ish drove me insane

Considering this drives me insane as well, I am pretty sure he doesn't do that. Has always driven me nuts about Kane as well.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Fluery had an Offensive upside at one point in his development. Pesce would allow him to be a bit more loose.

But it would also be a good pairing on the PK, and maybe to put out with the Nino - Necas - Svechnikov line.

They could still be really good on the PK....they wouldn't necessarily have to be paired together all night though. I'm sure you have seen the Krug thread as well. Would be a great combo top 4 of Slavin/Hamilton and Pesce/Krug if that could somehow get swung.

Reactions: Unsustainable

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Not sure I’d like it, but I could see a Faulk for Gardiner trade. An offensive RD for an offensive LD , both with defensive issues, but not completely out of place on a team’s 2nd pair.

Gardiner-Pesce might be a decent pair. However, I’d still much prefer CAR to sign someone like Enstrom to play with Pesce and deal Faulk for some forward or goalie help.

I could also see the team keeping Faulk and shipping TVR out because of contentious contract negotiations, which would be a pretty shitty development. TVR should be able to pull in at least a 2nd I’d think.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Give me your best separate offers for both Skinner and Faulk.

From Oilers:
To Edmonton - Skinner
To Carolina - Puljujarvi, 2019 2nd

Puljujarvi and Aho have a history of being a double dragon type duo, and if Edmonton pees the bed again, 2nd round pick is high
Skinner only has 1 year left with no guarantee to re-sign in Edmonton

PS: Does anyone know what I have to do to be able to create threads in this section? I can create threads everywhere else except here. I am new and have only 30 posts, is there some kind of requirement?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
They could still be really good on the PK....they wouldn't necessarily have to be paired together all night though. I'm sure you have seen the Krug thread as well. Would be a great combo top 4 of Slavin/Hamilton and Pesce/Krug if that could somehow get swung.

Something around Krug for Skinner?

Krug and Hamilton combined scored 31g from the blue line last year. That type of production certainly offsets the loss of Skinner. Dundon mentioned Krug in the behind the scenes Athletic article as a player that slipped through the cracks in CAR, since he came to prospect camp, was not signed, etc. I wonder if Krug is on one of the CAR brain trust lists.

I have a hard time though thinking that Skinner alone hauls in a consistent 50pt defenseman...

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
From Oilers:
To Edmonton - Skinner
To Carolina - Puljujarvi, 2019 2nd

Puljujarvi and Aho have a history of being a double dragon type duo, and if Edmonton pees the bed again, 2nd round pick is high
Skinner only has 1 year left with no guarantee to re-sign in Edmonton

PS: Does anyone know what I have to do to be able to create threads in this section? I can create threads everywhere else except here. I am new and have only 30 posts, is there some kind of requirement?

Pretty sure the Canes would be all over this one....

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Faulk for Gardiner straight up

Carolina now has an abundance of RHD and could use a guy on the left side to replace Hanifin

Gerry Long

Jun 30, 2018
Krug, Backes, Danton Heinen and a 2st for Faulk and Skinner

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That's what it's been, but I was just looking at our forwards and I think the main needs have changed to LW, LHD, and GOALIE (can you tell how comfortable I am with Darling and Mrazek?), especially if Skinner goes.

I have a hunch that the brass moves Aho permanently to C this season, joined by Staal, Rask, and Necas (unless they want to start him off on the wing). Our left wings would be some combo of Ferland, McGinn, Zykov, Foegele, and Martinook? I guess Turbo could switch sides, but if we move Skinner LW looks like it could stand reinforcing more than C, imo.
Well the Sharks can offer something like Labanc+Dell/Dillon+picks/prospects for one of them then. One thing that I was thinking about (pre Tavares to Leafs) was a three way trade so Tierney+Braun went to the Leafs and Kapanen+2nd went to the Sharks and then the Sharks turn around and move Kapanen+Labanc+3 2nds (FLA/SJS/TOR) to CAR for Faulk and Skinner. Don't know if that's good value or not.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I love everything else from your post.....just think we are asking too much too soon for Fluery to be depended upon to play top 4 minutes night in and night out. In a pinch, yeah, no problem. Not to mention a Fluery/Pesce pairing is about the least offensively potent D pairing in league history.

I'm anticipating an offensive uptick from Pesce this year. I thought he looked much more potent towards the end of last season so I checked out his game log. He had 10 pts in his first 46 games and 9 in his last 19, and that includes none in his last 4 games before he was shut down, when his shoulder may have been at it's worst.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Pesce is ever going to be another Karlsson offensively (or even another Faulk), but I see his offensive potential as higher than Fleury's based on the eye test. I'm anticipating increased scoring from him, especially under a new system. I'm estimating he scores anywhere between the mid-20s to low 30's next season.

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
To CAR
Gardiner
Martin

To TOR
Faulk
4th round pick in 2019
Faulk for Gardiner straight up

Carolina now has an abundance of RHD and could use a guy on the left side to replace Hanifin
TOR
Gardiner
2019 3rd
Calle Rosen
Calvin Picard

CAR
Justin Faulk

OR

TOR
Gardiner
Sparks
2019 4th

CAR
Justin Faulk
2019 7th

Carolina is trying to trade Faulk to have less defensive disasters per 60. They don't need to swap him for a LHD version of Faulk.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How does Carolina intend on adding another goalie with Mrazek while Darling is still there? Do they expect to be able to tag Darling with one of Skinner or Faulk or is that just wishful thinking? I'd probably consider taking on Darling if it meant getting Justin Faulk pretty cheap.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
How does Carolina intend on adding another goalie with Mrazek while Darling is still there? Do they expect to be able to tag Darling with one of Skinner or Faulk or is that just wishful thinking? I'd probably consider taking on Darling if it meant getting Justin Faulk pretty cheap.

They're giving Darling a 2nd chance. Darling/Mrazek, with Nedeljkovic getting time if they fail, is the set-up. That's sub-optimal, obviously, but there's no solution available right now via free agency or trade. The Canes are in a holding pattern in net.

That's not a path to get Faulk at a discounted price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad