Value of: Skinner and Faulk

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
How many middling backups do the Canes need? Are they going to start rotating them like a bullpen?

Considering the state of the Canes goal-tending, if Waddell could convince Dundon of the cash-outlay and the reality that it will probably end with a Darling buyout at the end of camp, the "more bullets in the goalie gun equals an increased likelihood of hitting the target" approach is not the worst idea.

Hell, let's add Sparks from Toronto or Jarry from Pittsburgh too.

Darling, Mrazek, Dell, Sparks/Jarry, Nedeljkovic goalie camp cage-match. Best two get jobs.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Skinner to Colorado makes too much sense to happen. Would love to see Sakic make it happen. 2019 1st and go from there.

The Avs would be my preferred destination. Out west, don't have to face him more than a few times a year, he's likely to agree to re-sign there boosting his value, and they have pieces that fit the Canes needs.

I'm not sure about the 1st.

To trade Skinner to Colorado, first Sakic needs to lose his dream of a Varly/Gru tandem with Francouz in reserve. (Francouz is likely to be the best of the three, but probably will need 20 games to half a season in the AHL to adjust to NA ice.) One of the three would have to be included, with the value of the rest of the package determined by which goalie we get.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Wouldn't do this and I don't think Carolina would either. They have a lotta RDs already which is why they're moving Faulk. We have an abundance of LWers and I like Nino more than Skinner.

I’d do it. I’d take on the burden of flipping Spurgeon to get Nino for 4 years. Nino on Svechnikov and Necas’ line would be very exciting.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I’d do it. I’d take on the burden of flipping Spurgeon to get Nino for 4 years. Nino on Svechnikov and Necas’ line would be very exciting.

My idea would just be Nino for Faulk and then use one of Dumba/Spurgeon to acquire a 1RW.

I think we give up the best 2 pieces in that trade personally. Not a large gap between them though.

Nino >/= Skinner

Spurgeon > Faulk

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Nino for Faulk is an easy yes.

Skinner to Avs for a 1st + works even.

Ferland - Aho - TT
McGinn - Staal - Williams
Nino - Necas - Svechnikov
Martinook - Rask - Foegele
Zykov

Slavin - Hamilton
Fluery - Pesce
Bean - TVR
Carrick

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
To trade Skinner to Colorado, first Sakic needs to lose his dream of a Varly/Gru tandem with Francouz in reserve. (Francouz is likely to be the best of the three, but probably will need 20 games to half a season in the AHL to adjust to NA ice.) One of the three would have to be included, with the value of the rest of the package determined by which goalie we get.

Personally I'm not at all worried about moving Varly for Skinner. Avs have clearly opted to move on from him in the future and we're not going to contend in the next year he's here, so even if Gru / Francouz aren't quite ready that's not going to be a major impact to our competitiveness next year anyways (in my opinion).

I don't think Sakic will move him, but he's the most likely to be moved given we just acquired Grubauer and Francouz.

That being said, don't you think Carolina could acquire a goaltender another way? I'd be concerned with Varly's injury history / age as a Hurricane fan. He's a phenomenal goalie when healthy, but I question he's the solution for anyone's goaltending problems if they're looking to be competitive anymore.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
To Carolina :
- G. Sparks
- K. Kapenen
- T. Liljegren
- 2019 1st

To Toronto:
- B. Pesce
- J. Skinner

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
No. You don't want to know what Pesce would cost.

It's a small step-down from Slavin and Hamilton. He's that important to our blueline.
OK, take out Skinner and Liljegren, where does that leave us? Leafs add the rights to Rasenen as well ..

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
Certainly not any closer to Pesce

Is there any realistic combination of assets that can get us pesce without nylander Marner Matthews Reilly or jt included? Not that I'm unwilling to give to get, but seriously if you can add to that core without giving one of them up then why not go for it!

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Is there any realistic combination of assets that can get us pesce without nylander Marner Matthews Reilly or jt included? Not that I'm unwilling to give to get, but seriously if you can add to that core without giving one of them up then why not go for it!

No, not really. Pesce and Hamilton are core pieces on the right side for us because of ability and cost control. TvR and Faulk are probably both available for lesser or a package of assets, respectively, but if you want a piece of our core, it is going to be a one-to-one hockey trade where both teams get a piece they need but also give up something they probably don't want to lose.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
No, not really. Pesce and Hamilton are core pieces on the right side for us because of ability and cost control. TvR and Faulk are probably both available for lesser or a package of assets, respectively, but if you want a piece of our core, it is going to be a one-to-one hockey trade where both teams get a piece they need but also give up something they probably don't want to lose.

Fair enough. What would you be happy with in return for TVR?

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Nino for Faulk is an easy yes.

Skinner to Avs for a 1st + works even.

Ferland - Aho - TT
McGinn - Staal - Williams
Nino - Necas - Svechnikov
Martinook - Rask - Foegele
Zykov

Slavin - Hamilton
Fluery - Pesce
Bean - TVR
Carrick

I do not like that D.......sign De Haan, slide Fluery down to bottom pair and leave Bean in Charlotte. He at least has to play half a season there IMO.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
That is with the current D. Fluery might be able to handle the 2nd pairing, he’s been trending up.

I love everything else from your post.....just think we are asking too much too soon for Fluery to be depended upon to play top 4 minutes night in and night out. In a pinch, yeah, no problem. Not to mention a Fluery/Pesce pairing is about the least offensively potent D pairing in league history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad