GDT: SJS vs VGK entrance. 7pm

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
This game and the Nashville game shows this team IS capable of playing defense and keeping focus for 60+ mins. They just need to be motivated. Sometimes losing a key player can galvanize a team in the short term since they have to give 100% in order to win.

Reactions: Phu and jabelskey

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

If that's my birthday win (note: not my bday in my time zone), I don't care that it went to OT. I'll f***ing take it.

Sharks get absolutely shelled, Jones is excellent, and Meier scores two goals after Stone scores in the first minute. Aside from continuing to give up early goals, Jones performance is an outlier and he's back to his usual .800 svpct in no time.

Sj 2-1

Hope you're having a good time in Vegas tonight, @matt trick. You got your first career SNOG!

SNOG 2019-11-21 matt trick.jpg

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 2 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 4-1
2Oct. 4 vs Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-1
3Oct. 5 at Ducksthemelkman, LeeIFBBDucks 3-1
4Oct. 8 at PredatorsseroesPredators 5-2
5Oct. 10 at BlackhawksthemelkmanSharks 5-4
6Oct. 13 vs FlamesThePlanetSharks 3-1
7Oct. 16 vs Hurricanesgaucholoco3Sharks 5-2
8Oct. 19 vs SabresseroesSabres 4-3
9Oct. 22 at SabresnoneSabres 4-3 OT
10Oct. 24 at Canadiensgaucholoco3Sharks 4-2
11Oct. 25 at Maple LeafsMegalodonOnIceMaple Leafs 4-1
12Oct. 27 at SenatorsnoneSenators 5-2
13Oct. 29 at BruinsSolmorsBruins 5-1
14Nov. 1 vs JetsnoneJets 3-2
15Nov. 2 vs CanucksnoneCanucks 3-2
16Nov. 5 vs Blackhawksbluefunnel, FeedingFrenzySharks 4-2
17Nov. 7 vs WildnoneSharks 6-5
18Nov. 9 vs PredatorsnoneSharks 2-1 SO
19Nov. 12 vs OilersnoneSharks 6-3
20Nov. 14 at DucksseroesSharks 5-3
21Nov. 16 vs Red WingsnoneSharks 4-3 SO
22Nov. 19 vs OilersLA SharkOilers 5-2
23Nov. 21 at Golden Knightsmatt trickSharks 2-1 OT
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2019-20 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.seroes3
T-2.gaucholoco3, themelkman2
T-4.bluefunnel, FeedingFrenzy, LA, Shark, LeeIFBB, matt trick, MegalodonOnIce, Solmors, ThePlanet1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Sandisfan and Phu

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
You obviously have to be happy about this result against Vegas and without Hertl but I’ve got mixed feelings about the team’s performance tonight.
Short handed, Logan admitted they were gassed in the 3rd. It wasnt pretty, but I'm encouraged by the defensive effort, goal tending, and poise. Especially playing in this building. The offense will come, especially with Hertl coming back. It wasnt pretty by any means, but I'd say still an encouraging game, given the circumstances.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
You obviously have to be happy about this result against Vegas and without Hertl but I’ve got mixed feelings about the team’s performance tonight.
To me, they just ran out of gas late in the 2nd, even when they play "well" it's clear they are missing a player or two but if Dell doesn't play out of his mind this game is 5-2 vegas

Reactions: Phu

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
Still work to be some, but good things happen when you commit to playing team defense. (Burns turnovers aside)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Short handed, Logan admitted they were gassed in the 3rd. It wasnt pretty, but I'm encouraged by the defensive effort, goal tending, and poise. Especially playing in this building. The offense will come, especially with Hertl coming back. It wasnt pretty by any means, but I'd say still an encouraging game, given the circumstances.
Yea, it wasn't an amazing game but they showed a commitment to defense today that hasn't really been there lately and if you consider how terribly we usually play against Vegas, it was at least a decent game from them.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Is Burns injured or sick? He looks horrible. I wonder if that was why they went with 7d. Someone's not 100%. It could also be Simek since he didn't finish the game today.

Anyways I guess this wasn't the start of a losing streak after all. Glad they nipped it in the bud after last game.

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019
The sweet irony of Vegas fans "refs u suck" chant, i'm like "you're right, but not for the reasons you're chanting..."

Just horrific officiating (or 'Fish-hating' as my snoozing other half misheard)

Great win considering, watching Burns was painful, watching Goodrow & Dell rise to the situation was inspiring.

PDB made the right call with 7D for all his perceived faults

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I'm happy with the defensive effort they put in. Going with 7D and then losing Melker and Simek exacerbated the issue. They were holding their own with the lead and were able to wrestle away the momentum after Vegas scored in the 3rd which leveled them out the rest of the way. I don't think they were going to have an offensive masterpiece with Hertl out and Burns playing like ass.

jabelskey

JAX, FL - SHARKS WATCH ANYONE?!
Nov 27, 2018
Anybody think that pass by Vlasic wasn’t actually intended? Theodore almost picked it up, made my chest sink thinking it was gonna be another turnover:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad