GDT: SJS vs VGK entrance. 7pm

Gunnin54

Nov 7, 2012
So I gotta say, for all those bagging on how bad Marleau would be if he came back I think they had the wrong 40 year old.

Marleau is adding value, is versatile, and can keep up with the play.

Thornton? Guy belongs on the 4th line mentoring the rooks.
I said from the beginning Marleau would be a great addition as long has he keeps his legs he can stay in this league. I love it Marleau is my favorite Shark and player ever

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I kinda think that what we've got going on with our goalies is that they're just both pretty unbalanced in terms of their skillsets, kind of like our lines. Hertl line is more of a grind it out down low line and Couture line is more of a transition attack. So there are games where the Couture line can be dominant and there are games where the Hertl line is dominant depending on the opposing team's style. Jones is a very positional goalie and can't handle east/west attacks very well and Dell is very athletic but he's small and just can't cover the net that well. Kind of seems like the best option would just to play them against teams that they have stylistic advantages against since we don't have a guy you can classify as a true number 1 goalie right now.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Fleury is such a ****. I wish Kane would have pulled a Nolan there

My thoughts as well on Belfour for Dallas someone probably can post.

He crushed him in the boards it was glorious, now that is GI none of this bullshit with Fleury

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
A day later and it just sank in that we won in Vegas with Barclay freaking Goodrow as the 2nd line center and Dell starting. That lineup is atrocious. Kane also somehow managed to keep his cool and didn't get a penalty. Early Christmas miracle.

Reactions: Phu and Sandisfan

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
A day later and it just sank in that we won in Vegas with Barclay freaking Goodrow as the 2nd line center and Dell starting. That lineup is atrocious. Kane also somehow managed to keep his cool and didn't get a penalty. Early Christmas miracle.

It’s nice to get a positive take here. It’s really not fun being here and seeing so many taking shots and downing our team.
I do understand the frustrations of supporting a team that hasn’t won the Stanley Cup. It has frustrated me as well but the way people aren’t constructive and simply bash and malign this team is disheartening.

We went into their barn. We showed them we could go in there and beat them with our game. There isn’t a Vegas fan there that went home happy. Our boys did that. They deserve a lot of credit for this win. It was huge.
Go Sharks!!

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California

They had a worse roster, but they played better as a team. Tighter defensively, better forward support, less reliance on point shots.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
So.... Is Meier on track now? He had like 9 or 10 hits. Also, Dell starts for a few games in a row until he gets shelled again right? I mean he has to start the next game after this performance right? Also loved Shovels game. He looked like an NHL player in this one. I can't believed they turned in this performance without Hertl. Great game.

it makes so much sense and seems like an easy decision foe everyone.

But with Deboer....

It Means Jones starts next game.
Shovels in the press box.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
They had a worse roster, but they played better as a team. Tighter defensively, better forward support, less reliance on point shots.
its just amazing....imagine what they could do with a fully healthy roster playing the same way

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I just wonder if with Melker out for a bit we finally see Shovels work his way into the lineup full time. Hes RFA next year and I cant see him sticking around unless he actually stays on the big team

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I don't think we had as many opportunities to set up for point shots. So kinda a mixed bag on that one.

Fair, but I think it's a good sign that if the point gets shut down, this team can still produce offense. They didn't score a lot, but they didn't exactly look like they were getting shut down in the offensive zone.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
They didn’t. Meier made a good move, but Fleury’s poke check guided the puck in. Couture’s breakaway was fortuitous. I don’t think Vlasic was making a pass.
I'm kind of waffling back and forth on the Vlasic pass cuz the follow through was definitely not the follow through of a clear but that was totally not a pass either.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I'm kind of waffling back and forth on the Vlasic pass cuz the follow through was definitely not the follow through of a clear but that was totally not a pass either.
I think it was a throw in the general open space for someone to chase down and he wiffed it a bit

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I think it was a throw in the general open space for someone to chase down and he wiffed it a bit

I bet Couture was yelling at him, because it looked like he had one thing in mind and changed it up mid-stick swing. Good on Vlasic.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Not exactly, because this is Marleau’s first game against Vegas as a Shark. Kane has played in a lot of ugly games against Vegas.
He also played a ton of important minutes in the 7 game series when they came back to beat them. Kane was usually one of the top 3 or 4 forwards in ice time thru the entire playoff run last season. Means the coaches must have thought he was pretty important. Patty ain't getting that kind of ice time at this point in his career. But hey, don't let reality get in the way of the usual Kane hatin'.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad