Claimed off Waivers: [SJS] Ryan Dzingel claimed off waivers by the Sharks from the Maple Leafs

Apr 9, 2009
USA
What's up with the every waived Toronto player gets claimed commentary?

Other than Brooks and Dzingel, haven't all their waived players this season went through unclaimed? Unless I missed some, I just looked at those were the only two this season. I could have missed some. I don't really care that much.

EDIT: Thanks for the responses. Didn't realize people were talking over the course of years.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Other than Brooks and Dzingel, haven't all their waived players this season went through unclaimed? Unless I missed some, I just looked at those were the only two this season. I could have missed some. I don't really care that much.
Amadio too

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Dubas looks like a genius here. The Ritchie trade bought cap space for next year, and Dubas just got that space early

Edit: Oh nevermind I thought Dzingel had a bigger hit

Reactions: HabsQC

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010

Gadjovich got claimed by SJ from Vancouver (though that was preseason). Are you just talking regular season?

Smith got claimed by Tampa recently didn't they?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

Amadio was claimed by Vegas back in October. Since then, the only other player waived was Ritchie. That's 3/4 claimed, and the 4th was a slug with a 3m contract. Including Brooks both times, that's 4 out of our last 5 waiver players being picked up. Only other guys to clear are all the Marlies who went down on 6 October.

And I assume it's mostly tongue in cheek. I don't think we're too bothered by waiver players getting claimed. Though we did develop Brooks so there's a bit of attachment there.

kerk

Apr 27, 2009

i think the only player the leafs have waived to not be claimed was ritchie lmao

Reactions: LeafGrief

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I don’t understand how every single waived player by Toronto is claimed
upload_2022-2-21_12-23-50.jpeg

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Useful depth forward. But the cap space he would have taken if he was on the NHL roster is just as valuable.

No biggie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad