Confirmed Trade: [SJS/OTT/ANA] Jack Kopacka and SJ 2022 7th to OTT, Christian Jaros to SJ, Trevor Carrick to ANA

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Hilarious that a de facto 3-way trade like this would even manage to get cobbled together with players of this ilk. Just imagining the negotiations trying to iron it all out is amusing to me.

But of course, if there's money to be saved, obviously that's enough to get Melnyk excited and motivated and get every available man on the horn trying to hammer this thing out, whatever it takes.

Reactions: themelkman

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
As a Sens fan, I've always beat the drum for Jaros and even coming into this season I still feel he should've been playing NHL games. Offensively he will not provide much, but he should not be a blackhole either. On defence a lot of his play comes from being physical but not the 'gritty veteran physicalness' but actual solid body positioning and well-timed hits. For a bigger guy he can turn on the jets when he wants to but he's really only shown that in flashes. I said before the season started that if he wasn't going to make Ottawa I hope he gets traded because he definitely has NHL potential.

Reactions: Groo and NiWa

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
This trade is the opposite of a blockbuster. What a useless looking 3-way trade, Pierre Dorion made it cause he is bored and lonely as he gave up the better player who can be a bottom pairing RD.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
This trade is the opposite of a blockbuster. What a useless looking 3-way trade, Pierre Dorion made it cause he is bored and lonely as he gave up the better player who can be a bottom pairing RD.

Not every trade is going to be about getting the best asset. As mentioned, Ottawa stands to save money from the deal which seems to be their motivation. If you're working on a limited budget as is, saving six figures on a taxi squad player is something you do as a business decision not because you're bored.

Maybe we like to think that being a GM is just about winning games, but they are running a business and most of the teams are likely going to lose money this year without gate revenue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad