Confirmed Trade: [SJS/MIN] Ryan Donato to Sharks for a 3rd rounder in 2021

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
This is not as bad of a deal for the Wild as ppl think. Donato has always been overrated.

Coyle for a 3rd+4th is terrible though.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Surprised a team clearly in rebuild mode would let a young forward go, who, IMHO, looked promising initially after the trade from Boston.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Hindsight is definitely 20/20, but I feel like at the time Wilson should've at least had 20/40 vision. No one thought it would be that bad, but with the core getting older, Karlsson not what he was (that contract is a whole other story), and Pavelski being out the door it was set up to have some sort of setback.
No one is clairvoyant enough to predict the type of fall the Sharks had last year. It was extraordinary and I don't expect it to happen again.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was higher on Vatrano when they were Bruins property. They’re not all that dissimilar as players- top-tier shots but need work pretty much everywhere else. Hopefully the change of scenery does Donato well

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Seems like a fair deal to me. The wild probably could’ve milked another low round pick or long shot prospect if they waited but a third for Donato isn’t that bad imo.

I’m still not sure how i feel about Donato though. He’s definitely got some skills but i never felt like he knew where to be or what to do next when he was in Boston. Something missing upstairs.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I was higher on Vatrano when they were Bruins property. They’re not all that dissimilar as players- top-tier shots but need work pretty much everywhere else. Hopefully the change of scenery does Donato well

It seemed all Vatrano did was snipe...or turn into a ghost. There was no in between. If he was shooting then it was hitting twine. Otherwise he was a liability.

it’s a great comparison to donato. Good call.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad