Confirmed Trade: [SJS/MIN] Kaapo Kahkonen and 2022 5th round pick for Jacob Middleton

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Why? MAF got a 2nd lol and he would be the 3rd goalie there. not even good enough for Minny.... 3rd rounder?

Not really apples to apples. Fleury is pure rental, Kahkonen has two years of team control left.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Curious was the pick is, but I love this for SJ. Running a Hill-Kahkonen duo would be awesome moving forward. Gives us the opportunity to trade Reimer while his value is up, and opens up a LD spot that is crowded with bums

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Leafs fan chiming in to applaud Guerin and Co.

What a savvy move. Get MAF for below market*** (conditional at that). Trade KK for Middleton and a pick.

Smart, smart front office.

***Edited: Is it a conditional 1st or 2nd?

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
This just in

The Minnessota Wild signs a Silverback Gorilla to a PTO.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Minny really going for it this year, could be a huge underdog.
Is Minny really going for it...with Talbot as their starter? He hasn't been great.

This seems like a Parise/Suter buyout-related cap move to me. Minnesota gets a cheap defenseman, moves out cap, and gives them flexibility to let go of one of their other other more expensive veteran defensemen (e.g. Kulikov or Merrill).

EDIT: Just saw the Fleury deal. Makes more sense.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
ok but why does Kevin Weekes hold his phone so high? Like why do you cut off the bottom half of your face when you film breaking news!

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Fleury and Middleton is nice, but does this not kneecap Minnesota beyond this year?
No, talbot already on the books for next year, will just need a cheap backup to be signed. Goligoski won’t be re-signed so a LD spot opens up. Will need resolution on Fiala but that’s about it, core of the team will stay the same.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Is Kahkonen really that bad? First he wasn't protected, then not claimed, now he's traded for a 3rd pair D who's a pending UFA

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
ok but why does Kevin Weekes hold his phone so high? Like why do you cut off the bottom half of your face when you film breaking news!
Glad I am not the only person think this. Every video!

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Is Kahkonen really that bad? First he wasn't protected, then not claimed, now he's traded for a 3rd pair D who's a pending UFA
He is very inconsistent, some games he looks awesome and will go on a nice run, but then he will have a stretch where he is completely awful. Young goalie issues essentially but team lost confidence in him, and he will likely be looking for a raise next year.

Reactions: Pandaman11

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Nice deal by Minny. I felt like their backend was a little soft this is a guy that can play tough and still defend well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad