Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Mikkel Boedker (4 years, $4M AAV)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Boedker still just scratching the surface. Think henrique or kyle palmieri

12 months ago I'd have agreed 100%. No more. I saw him handed gobs and gobs of the most favorable minutes possible on a bad team. WYSIWYG. This is him. And on a team like San Jose that's fine on a 4x4. In Arizona? No thanks. 3x4 or 4x3? Sure. Not 4x4.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Why? He's terrible. Arizona juiced his numbers by feeding him an absurd amount of icetime. He's a 3rd line winger, and not even a good one.

One year and one million more per than he's worth, but maybe DeBoer can work some magic with him once again.

It's great to be the only one with the right step... ;)

Adjust his scoring for TOI, it's not impressive at all. He also brings zero utility. He's a complimentary player, not someone you rely on.

Danish players are similar to Canadian players: polite and respectful.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Uhm...

Wasn't Boedker supposed to be one of the best FA signings this offseason? What the hell has happened?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Uhm...

Wasn't Boedker supposed to be one of the best FA signings this offseason? What the hell has happened?

Contract was dumb then and it's dumb now.

Boedker was never very good and benefited from a lot of minutes on a **** Arizona team.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Uhm...

When was the last good free agency crop? He was one of the biggest because free agency has sucked lately.

Boedker is a frustrating player. He skates like Crosby, has breakaway speed, but rarely shoots. When he does, his shot is soft. He is a dirty goal guy, not a thirty goal guy. Us Coyote fans were always saying "this is the year he breaks out" for the last five years. By the middle of last season, we were ready to see him go.

He'll have 20 or so goals with San Jose one of those 4 years, but you shouldn't really expect more than that.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
Wasn't this predicted by analytics? He was put in a position to succeed in Arizona yet put up mediocre numbers. What did San Jose expect would happen in a situation where he doesn't get prime PP time?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Uhm...

AZ fans warned you that he was bad and his numbers were juiced but people always want to look for the upside.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
When was the last good free agency crop? He was one of the biggest because free agency has sucked lately.

Backes
Ladd
Okposo
Eriksson
Nielsen
Lucic
E. Staal
Etc

No legit superstars, but there were quite a few legitimate top 6 forwards available this past offseason.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I wondered how long it was going to take for this to get bumped... I just didn't want to be the one to jinx Boedker's production. ;) ... TopKex! :laugh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Staal is the Wild's best forward. Was surprised at how fast he is. Not blazing or anything, but he covers a lot of ground with those long strides. If he scored on even half the breakaways he has had this year then he would have 20 goals.

Anyway, so far so good with Staal.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
How bad this contract is was so predictable. Boedker is absolutely useless. Anyone who thought this was a 'steal' or anything resembling 'okay' was drinking too much of the MSM Kool-aid.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
How bad this contract is was so predictable. Boedker is absolutely useless. Anyone who thought this was a 'steal' or anything resembling 'okay' was drinking too much of the MSM Kool-aid.

Coyote fans tried to tell people.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I loved all the fans that thought it was an amazing signing. He's not that good. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad