Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Mikkel Boedker (4 years, $4M AAV)

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Wow, must not have gotten the offers he was looking for. Not a bad AAV at all. He'll fit there pretty well. A little surprised.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Never understood the love affair with this guy.

He's fast, he's a good playmaker, he has a good shot, he contributes to offense regardless of advanced stats, he was excellent on his stint with Colorado, and his numbers will be higher compared to Arizona/Tippet playing beside Thornton or Couture. He's the perfect 2nd liner for that price, can potentially put up 60 points, and this is a perfect contract for him in both term and money.

People will say he's soft or whatever but not like they need him killing penalties, he's played well his whole career in the west.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Wow, I wanted him for the Canucks. 4x4 is a brilliant deal for the Sharks. He'll do well there.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Only 4X4? Surprised that's all he got.

Why? He's terrible. Arizona juiced his numbers by feeding him an absurd amount of icetime. He's a 3rd line winger, and not even a good one.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He's excruciatingly inconsistent and should ONLY be relied on for secondary scoring in a supporting offense role. His contract pretty well matches that.

I expected to see some team drastically overpay, and then I figured I'd be in that thread explaining how he's overrated, inconsistent, and soft as butter.

But, this isn't much of an overpay, at all really. It's pretty much about what he's worth, but with a little UFA bump.

Would I take him back on the Coyotes for 4x4? Mmmm...hard to say. Switch either one of those 4s to a 3, and I'd say definitely yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad