Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Mikkel Boedker (4 years, $4M AAV)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sharks doubling down on power play production.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
I love it at $4m/year, that's a fair price for that kind of player. He'll fit in well here too.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
One year and one million more per than he's worth, but maybe DeBoer can work some magic with him once again.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
These Arizona fans that were saying that he's only good on the PP and useless defensively and blah blah blah, I don't think most of us Avs fans agree with that. He's not Landeskog as a winger or something but he's not bad defensively, his PP production was high but his linemates weren't offensive contributors the way Couture and Thornton are. I'd expect a 50 point minimum from him and obviously the Sharks needed to add more speed after that Pens series plus a Marleau replacement for the future. Anyways, I disagree with the Arizona fans on this guy and some other players before him, take that for what it's worth.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
probably one of the best UFA signings today. It's a fair amount, lucky it was only 4, and not 6. Well done Sharks.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
He's excruciatingly inconsistent and should ONLY be relied on for secondary scoring in a supporting offense role. His contract pretty well matches that.

I expected to see some team drastically overpay, and then I figured I'd be in that thread explaining how he's overrated, inconsistent, and soft as butter.

But, this isn't much of an overpay, at all really. It's pretty much about what he's worth, but with a little UFA bump.

Would I take him back on the Coyotes for 4x4? Mmmm...hard to say. Switch either one of those 4s to a 3, and I'd say definitely yes.

******** you don't take him back at 4x4. He's easily worth 5. At 4 you could see signings like Joe Colbourne, Tlusty, Brouwer, etc.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
If he could play full seasons more often and ever break 20 goals, he might a good career. Injury prone, 1 way 2nd liner has been his MO so far.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
******** you don't take him back at 4x4. He's easily worth 5. At 4 you could see signings like Joe Colbourne, Tlusty, Brouwer, etc.

Adjust his scoring for TOI, it's not impressive at all. He also brings zero utility. He's a complimentary player, not someone you rely on.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
He's a very frustrating player. I did not want him back in AZ, but you have to give kudos to SJ for getting him to sign on such a fair deal. That's about as close to true value as you can get.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
I'd expect a 50 point minimum from him and obviously the Sharks needed to add more speed after that Pens series plus a Marleau replacement for the future. Anyways, I disagree with the Arizona fans on this guy and some other players before him, take that for what it's worth.

He had 50 points while playing in Arizona and broken Avs. In last three season he had 50 point pace in every in very bad team.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
That is too much IMO. But then again, I've never understood the hype with him.

Most think it was too much as well, but a guy coming of a career year heading into free agency usually carries a heavy price to pay. DW did really well here, paid fair value for the player he got.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
If he could play full seasons more often and ever break 20 goals, he might a good career. Injury prone, 1 way 2nd liner has been his MO so far.

The only time he's missed since coming into the league full time is when his spleen ruptured. He hasn't been injury prone in the slightest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad