Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Joe Thornton re-signs with Sharks (1 year, $5M)

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
When one of your all time franchise players walks to play with a bunch of kids on an ELC? Really?

And that's before JT.

Extending a polite invitation back to reality.

And Joe Thornton who is much better than Marleau decided to stay so what's your point? And once again Marleau chose Toronto because they were the only team to offer him 3 years. Leaf fans act like there was some big bidding war for Marleau's services.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
And Joe Thornton who is much better than Marleau decided to stay so what's your point? And once again Marleau chose Toronto because they were the only team to offer him 3 years. Leaf fans act like there was some big bidding war for Marleau's services.
If Marner went to San Jose and Matthews decided to stay I wouldn't brag about it.

Leafs are doing fine attracting UFAs, SJ? Not so much

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
If Marner went to San Jose and Matthews decided to stay I wouldn't brag about it.

Leafs are doing fine attracting UFAs, SJ? Not so much

If The Sharks matched the Leafs offer, he would still be a Shark. The Sharks weren't interested. Like I said before he became very low on the totum pole in San Jose.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
When one of your all time franchise players walks to play with a bunch of kids on an ELC? Really?

And that's before JT.

Extending a polite invitation back to reality.

Marleau chased the 3rd year in the contract - ergo, the money. Let's not kid ourselves. The Leaf's cup window won't open until after he is gone, especially if the expectation is that he is traded after this year.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
What if we can the playoffs for 15 seasons in a row and nothing to show for it?

Then you will have watched entertaining hockey played at a high level for 15 years. Only one team can win each year. The Sharks were never the bet team, and they never have had a goalie take over the playoffs. Therefore, they probably shouldn't have even won one.

I'd rather watch that than win once in 15 years and not make the playoffs any other year.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Then you will have watched entertaining hockey played at a high level for 15 years. Only one team can win each year. The Sharks were never the bet team, and they never have had a goalie take over the playoffs. Therefore, they probably shouldn't have even won one.

I'd rather watch that than win once in 15 years and not make the playoffs any other year.
How is that relevant? We're comparing the emerging Leafs core to the dinosaurs of mediocrity of San Jose

Powinkle

Mar 25, 2016
Chico
How is that relevant? We're comparing the emerging Leafs core to the dinosaurs of mediocrity of San Jose
A leafs core that hasn't won anything yet, not even a 1st round series. Why is this so hard to grasp. The only thing they've won recently is the draft lottery.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The idea that Marleau would be a 4th liner in San Jose is asinine. You can make your arguments without going to absurd lengths.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad