Confirmed Trade: [SJS/ARI] Adin Hill and 2022 7th round pick for Josef Korenar and 2022 2nd round pick

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Like this deal for Arizona adding a 2nd in 2022 for Hill who Arizona might have lost for nothing.

Doug Wilson shouldn’t have made this move as there are backup goaltenders that will be available in the FA market. Gifted the Yotes a 2nd rounder.
SJ in a cap mess with so many long term deals tied into guys into their 30’s. Odd to see them giving up second round picks.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks fans should chill. If that second round pick ends up better than Hill, it won’t be for another half decade. Meantime, you got a big, young, competitive, capable NHL goaltender. Whining about this is soft bitch stuff.

That second round pick is more likely to contribute when the Sharks get good again than Hill will here. Hill is capable but he's only shown backup capability. That isn't worth a 2nd on a bad team when the team you're getting him from is likely losing him for less or nothing if we're not making such an offer.

The only way this deal is worth it is if Hill is their starter. You don't pay this for a capable backup which is all Hill has shown.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Sharks fans should chill. If that second round pick ends up better than Hill, it won’t be for another half decade. Meantime, you got a big, young, competitive, capable NHL goaltender. Whining about this is soft bitch stuff.
Why? Hill is NHL backup quality. Guy is not gonna be a starter ever.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That second round pick is more likely to contribute when the Sharks get good again than Hill will here. Hill is capable but he's only shown backup capability. That isn't worth a 2nd on a bad team when the team you're getting him from is likely losing him for less or nothing if we're not making such an offer.

The only way this deal is worth it is if Hill is their starter. You don't pay this for a capable backup which is all Hill has shown.
2nd round picks usually don’t amount to much. Many great NHLers are 2nd round picks but not many 2nd round picks are great NHLers. Just looking at numbers rather than anecdotal edge cases. I think the Sharks will be fine with this. And Arizona needed more scratch off lottery ticket because their last moron GM blew through draft capital like a drunken sailor on shore leave.

Reactions: Summer Rose

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
Why? Hill is NHL backup quality. Guy is not gonna be a starter ever.

I guess you said the same about another 6'6 goalie at age 24 that didn't take over as a legit starter until 27 named Ben Bishop eh? I think the Sharks overpaid for the fact he was gonna be Seattle bound if this didn't happen but to say he will never be a starter is an uneducated guess more than a certainty.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
2nd round picks usually don’t amount to much. Many great NHLers are 2nd round picks but not many 2nd round picks are great NHLers. Just looking at numbers rather than anecdotal edge cases. I think the Sharks will be fine with this. And Arizona needed more scratch off lottery ticket because their last moron GM blew through draft capital like a drunken sailor on shore leave.

That depends on positioning though. High 2nd rounders have decent odds compared to mid or late obviously. I just don't think a team that missed the playoffs in consecutive years should invest that into a goalie when there are lots of options. If they had done this for a skater that they'd get term on then yeah it's an easy choice but not an unproven goalie. Especially when our team is pretty shitty when it comes to the position.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I guess you said the same about another 6'6 goalie at age 24 that didn't take over as a legit starter until 27 named Ben Bishop eh? I think the Sharks overpaid for the fact he was gonna be Seattle bound if this didn't happen but to say he will never be a starter is an uneducated guess more than a certainty.
No. I didn’t watch Ben bishop at 24. I’ve watched every game of Adin Hill though. You know who reminds me of? Louie Domingue.

Hill isn’t 6’6” either.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Continuously bitching about everything and being the mouthpiece of hfboards Coyotes doesn’t mean you are correct.
You’re the only Coyotes fan I’ve found that doesn’t have a high opinion of Hill. I didn’t say you are wrong. I said you’re alone. There’s a difference. Also, what are you talking about “bitching”? Do I seem mad about this trad?

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
You’re the only Coyotes fan I’ve found that doesn’t have a high opinion of Hill. I didn’t say you are wrong. I said you’re alone. There’s a difference. Also, what are you talking about “bitching”? Do I seem mad about this trad?
I was actually impressed with Hill this past season. But I still don’t see anything that I would be overly upset with if we just lost him to Seattle in expansion. I see his upside as a Jake Allen or Brian Elliott.(not comparing styles.)

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Jones does not have to be protected and will not be.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Such a bizarre (read: bad) deal for SJ. Why pay a 2nd for a middling goalie? There's like a zillion of them on the market this offseason.

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad