Confirmed Trade: [SJS/ARI] Adin Hill and 2022 7th round pick for Josef Korenar and 2022 2nd round pick

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Bit of a surprise. I thought the plan was keep Hill and trade Kemp. I guess no takers forced them to switch. Solid return.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Shit. Another team not dumb enough to trade for Koskinen. We'll try elsewhere.

IuVZYqM.jpg
There's still plenty of time for DW to put his dream tandem together

Reactions: Del Preston

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Huge Hill fan, I think he has great starter potential and he's very competitive. Good deal for the Sharks.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
If gambadoro says it’s happening, it’s happening. Not sure why AZ is trading a guy they groomed since being drafted that’s a very good 1b. But I have no clue what AZ does anymore

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Presumably they had other options. Colorado has a goalie spot, a few others do also.
To me its just too much. Lots and lots of options this year why pay that much when so little time remains. Our third is higher than anyone elses likely and Korenar will probably be a backup himself.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
If gambadoro says it’s happening, it’s happening. Not sure why AZ is trading a guy they groomed since being drafted that’s a very good 1b. But I have no clue what AZ does anymore
I read somewhere here that they think coyotes are going to rebuild so when Matthews is a free agent they have a young core to build around him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Presumably because they couldn't find a taker for Kuemper and would've lost one of the two to the expansion draft. They chose to get value for Hill while they still could.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
To me its just too much. Lots and lots of options this year why pay that much when so little time remains. Our third is higher than anyone elses likely and Korenar will probably be a backup himself.
I can only guess their scouts really wanted him. He's a young starter, not that common. I feel you on not wanting to pay assets for goalies though.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe till the TDL. Most signs don't indicate him singing here for term.

That's why people are confused because we know he's told them that so people are confused unless they are trading both and will acquire somebody else like a Bernier, Reimer, Halak etc

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Presumably because they couldn't find a taker for Kuemper and would've lost one of the two to the expansion draft. They chose to get value for Hill while they still could.
I imagine they were looking for a 1st for Kuemper and no one bit. The 2nd rounder is a smidge of an over payment for Hill, so I’ll take it.

Im not sure what Arizona’s plan is moving forward though. They’re going to be really bad next few years.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I imagine they were looking for a 1st for Kuemper and no one bit. The 2nd rounder is a smidge of an over payment for Hill, so I’ll take it.

Im not sure what Arizona’s plan is moving forward though. They’re going to be really bad next few years.

Find someone who buys the team from the current owner ? With the budget contraints on the team right now i don't think the current ownership is looking to keep the team because they can't be competetive with $65 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad