SJHL Humboldt Broncos bus crash | 16 Killed, 13 Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I hope that truck driver, if he's still alive, and the company he works for, are held responsible for this tragedy.

Simply heartbreaking.

I've heard there's as many as 15 lost.

This is terribly tragic, however how do you know who is at fault yet? Just curious as I haven’t seen anything.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
The Mayor of Humboldt was on the radio, sounds like he's close to breaking down himself. Shows how important these teams are in the small towns across the country.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This is terribly tragic, however how do you know who is at fault yet? Just curious as I haven’t seen anything.
I think there was an article posted a page or two ago that implied it was the Semi's fault (it t-boned the bus), but that's about all the info we've got.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The Mayor of Humboldt was on the radio, sounds like he's close to breaking down himself. Shows how important these teams are in the small towns across the country.

This has had me on the verge of tears for the last hour, but after listening to the mayor and hearing the sound of his voice the waterworks finally came. f***ing horrible. I can't even imagine how the families and community are feeling.

Reactions: Rix and egelband

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I hope that truck driver, if he's still alive, and the company he works for, are held responsible for this tragedy.

Simply heartbreaking.

I've heard there's as many as 15 lost.

It's absolutely frightening to know that your life is dependant on the competence and alertness of drivers and the companies that employ them. Especially when your livelihood involves 6-8 hours per week of highway travel, which is the case for me and I'm sure many others here.

You can often come out unscathed in a highway crackup with another vehicle. With a semi or 18-wheeler, you don't have a hope in hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlimCharles

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Awe that's just terrible.
Heart goes out to all who have been affected.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Delete because people misunderstood.

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Saw a post on Instagram that alluded to the semi running a stop sign and t-boning the bus.

I hope I'm wrong.
Even still, unless people believe that the truck driver was out looking to crash into a bus full of kids, it's premature to place blame. Even if he/she is at fault, and survived, that person is going to have to live with this for the rest of their life. The best thing we can do is hope for the best, and save the blame for another time when the facts are known.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Being from Saskatchewan this one hurts. You see these buses on the highways during the winter quite frequently and feel for the kids being away from home and to have something like this happen is heart breaking. I don't often feel like crying for things like this when I have no relation or knowledge of anyone involved but this one is different. Can't stop thinking about it. Hoping the families and the ones who survived can persevere in the coming days, weeks, months, and years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad