SJHL Humboldt Broncos bus crash | 16 Killed, 13 Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I saw reports that the bus collided with a semi truck. That’s horrible and horrific. Thoughts to all affected.

Edit: just saw a picture posted on Twitter of the accident scene and it looked really bad. I didn’t think it was appropriate to post the tweet here.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
From a town 5 minutes from Humboldt and live there now and the rumoured dead is up to 15. Deaths are confirmed but hopefully the number isn't anywhere close to 15.

I too have seen rumoured reports of double digit fatalities. There’s also a picture floating around on twitter and the wreckage is... extensive.

Fingers crossed that reports are wrong and the wreck wasn’t as bad as it looked but man oh man. Just horrible news.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I too have seen rumoured reports of double digit fatalities. There’s also a picture floating around on twitter and the wreckage is... extensive.

Fingers crossed that reports are wrong and the wreck wasn’t as bad as it looked but man oh man. Just horrible news.
Semi blew a stop sign so end results won't be good.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I hope that photo in the Twitter story isn’t really the accident.
looks like it.. loaded semis have no mercy when it comes to anything that gets in front of them. if he blew a stop he's in some deep, deep shit. guess the only thing we can hope is that there were fewer people seated up front compared to the back cause it ripped the front clean off.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
looks like it.. loaded semis have no mercy when it comes to anything that gets in front of them. if he blew a stop he's in some deep, deep ****. guess the only thing we can hope is that there were fewer people seated up front compared to the back cause it ripped the front clean off.

Also depends on the speed he was traveling. By the reports it sounds like it was a high speed collision. Just horrible.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Heartbreaking.

My thoughts are with all involved and board members who know anyone directly impacted.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Google Maps

assuming that's the intersection given how the power lines line up and i'd assume the bus basically got dumped on its side so yeah, sure as shit looks like someone ran a stop there. guess its not the first time cause if you look west on the street view you see a collection of crosses in the ground...

Reactions: Frosty415

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It's kind of amazing and fortunate this doesn't happen more with all the travel that's involved in every level of hockey. So terribly sad for every parent that this affects. No parent should have to bury their kids.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Google Maps

assuming that's the intersection given how the power lines line up and i'd assume the bus basically got dumped on its side so yeah, sure as **** looks like someone ran a stop there. guess its not the first time cause if you look west on the street view you see a collection of crosses in the ground...

Is there even a stop sign in the picture?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Absolutely horrible, don't even know what to say. Bad enough when the plane crash happened,but a bunch of Jr aged kids.... God bless their families and the kids that survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad