Sixth place ideal?

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
We shall see where TO sits come Monday. Right now TO has played 1/2 more games then most people in the conference (except for Boston who for some reason has only played 17 games to Toronto's 22...) and they dont play till Monday so i would expect most teams to have caught up.

I really do believe TO will be the 8th seed come Monday and when Frattin / Lupal get healthy then we have a legit chance to make 5th place as long as we keep the goals against down.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
We shall see where TO sits come Monday. Right now TO has played 1/2 more games then most people in the conference (except for Boston who for some reason has only played 17 games to Toronto's 22...) and they dont play till Monday so i would expect most teams to have caught up.

I really do believe TO will be the 8th seed come Monday and when Frattin / Lupal get healthy then we have a legit chance to make 5th place as long as we keep the goals against down.

Why?

The teams behind us, are pretty far behind. we have a 7 poin lead on teams behind us and 4 points ahead of philly who have played more games

Penalty Kill Icing*

Theoretically impossible.

kfernandes29

Aug 16, 2005
Are we REALLY talking about what position would be the best for the playoffs?

Really?

Have we not learned anything from the previous years?

Let's start by making the damn thing before talking about preferred positions.

Jesus...

Some of you people need to calm down a bit. If you don't want to contribute to the thread, then don't.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Some of you people need to calm down a bit. If you don't want to contribute to the thread, then don't.

He is 100% right. No need for this nonsense when we aren't even halfway through the season.

Last year, 7 out of 8 teams made playoffs (out of those in playoff spot with 20 games left). Guess which one didn't make it.

No point with this thread when making playoffs isn't certain. Might as well make one for favorite opponent for SCF opponent if we are going to discuss this.

This is Leafs, and this discussion can be easily returned to if we see a X besides Toronto in the standings.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
BOSTON
PITTSBURGH
CAROLINA
new jersey
montreal
ottawa
TORONTO
nyrangers

philadelphia
tampa
winnipeg
washington
florida
buffalo
nyislanders

battling for those last 2 playoff spots with NYR PHI TAM wont be easy
but 7th appears realistic for now
i'm not sold on NJ

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
I don't care what position we finish it but it would be nice to get matched up against the Habs for history's sake and its a good match up for us, in the playoffs I think we could wear them down over a long series.
Maybe 4/5 finish since I think the Bs will win the NE maybe even the conference.

a a ron

Jan 11, 2011
Winterpeg
I hope we play pittsburgh with a healthy malkin and crosby. Want to see how we fair against them in a 7 game series

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Truthfully, any spot from 1-8 is ideal for us at this point....but I really don't want to draw Boston or Carolina in the first round.
IDEALLY Ottawa would pull 4/5 and the Leafs pull 5/4. I'd love to see that first round relived!
And after Montreal knocks off Boston in the 1st round, we'll take them on in the 2nd ;)

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I came here to post this.

Until it is mathematically impossible, #1 is always the ideal playoff spot. Not only do you get to face the weakest (lowest seeded) playoff team but you also get the satisfaction and confidence in knowing that the Leafs were able to put together a very successful regular season.

Can I remind you that the L.A. Kings were the 8th and final playoff seed in the west last year and they went on to WIN the Stanley Cup. Upsets can and do happen my friend. ;)

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
Man, I'd be happy just to make it anywhere in the top 8 come playoff time haha.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Truthfully, any spot from 1-8 is ideal for us at this point....but I really don't want to draw Boston or Carolina in the first round.
IDEALLY Ottawa would pull 4/5 and the Leafs pull 5/4. I'd love to see that first round relived!
And after Montreal knocks off Boston in the 1st round, we'll take them on in the 2nd ;)

I know Ottawa is playing their hearts out right now but with their injuries and if they trade Alfie(even if they keep him) I think its going to catch up with them and they will not make the playoffs. I could see Philly or the Rangers coming up to push them out, it will be either them or us that don't make it and I think we are a better team, our players will be returning they won't have Spezza or Karlsson all year.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
i want to face the habs in the first round. that's the ideal playoff round match up for us..because we can take them.... whatever happens after that is gravy. it would be a great experience for us to make the playoffs and actually win a round ..after a 9 year hiatus from the playoffs.

thus - if the habs are 1st.... i am hoping for 8th... if they are 2nd.... i am hoping for a 7th spot finish... etc.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
I think we finish 6 or 7 so I'd definitely rather take 6th just for a better chance at advancement

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
For a team that hasn't made playoffs in forever, the best position is anywhere in that top 8. Beggars can't be choosers!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Why would it be cocky or naive? He just said that he wanted to see how we'd match up against one of the best. He never said anything about winning.

Well, if thinks we could compete pretty evenly, then that's pretty cocky.

If he thinks we would win the series because we beat them once, then, that's being very naive in my books.

Too bad he didn't specify exactly why he wants our Leafs to meet them in the playoffs.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
The way they have played against Toronto this year, Carolina would be FAR from ideal.

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
I hope montreal ends up 4th, we end up 5th, and then we sweep those overachieving ****ers! (and then of course, get swept ourselves 2nd round)

Carolina is not ideal.. not only do they have seem to have our number but they're underachieving big time this year.. they're going to be a scary team if they get into the playoffs.

BlueMapleDawg

Mar 30, 2009
Canada
Everyone refusing to talk about playoffs until we clinch? Are you serious? Quit being soft.
Don't lower expectations like that.

Of course we should be talking about playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad