Sixth place ideal?

kfernandes29

Aug 16, 2005
Currently, Carolina is in third and the southeast is looking pretty weak this season. Do you see 6th place as our best shot at advancing past the first round if we finally crack the playoffs? How do you like our chances against the Canes or anyone else in that division in a 7 game series?

Carolina is one of those teams that always seem to put up a tough fight in the post season.

kfernandes29

Aug 16, 2005
Sixth place has been ideal since the dawn of time, are you new?

Really? Because from what I see, the Canes have a habit of making the cup finals in that position.

Like I said, they always seem to grind their way through and make it difficult for other teams. I don't think they'd necessarily be a walk in the park.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I am firmly of the belief that where in the top 8 is not a significant concern at this point in time.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I refuse to talk about our playoff seeding until we are garaunteed a playoff spot.

pretty much, until we clinch. I have no expectation. This is also a very compressed season, meaning a small losing streak can easily be our final nail to the coffin. So until we have that asterix right by our team name when I look at the score board/standings. I ain't looking or caring.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I'll be happy with any playoff spot. But considering how the last 2 seasons ended up, i'm not assuming anything until its official

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
if Boston wins the division, Montreal/Ottawa get forced to 4th. having a first-round series against one of them would be too good to pass up hoping for.

but from a pure advancement perspective, yeah, 6th. if we played a series against Carolina today, we'd be easy favorites. even assuming an unlucky-so-far Tampa team catches up and takes 3rd, it would still be our best chance.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I would very much like to have the 6th seed. Hate being 4/5 seed. Always the worst.

Boston will win the division imo. Which means Habs/Leafs 1st round unless we slip to 6th.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Pretty sure #1 is ideal. Might just be me. :P

I came here to post this.

Until it is mathematically impossible, #1 is always the ideal playoff spot. Not only do you get to face the weakest (lowest seeded) playoff team but you also get the satisfaction and confidence in knowing that the Leafs were able to put together a very successful regular season.

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
Whatever place we don't see Boston in the 1st round is ideal.

Id be happy to see us pass the 1st round(for experience purposes) but we have to make the playoffs first.

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
Obviously it's ideal at this point. This team hasn't even begun to develop yet, all the core players are young and there are two blue chip defencemen that will be anchoring the blue line for years to come, and a young goalie who just needs more experience. It's only going to get better, the leafs are in a great position now with actual reasons to be optimistic and not false hope anymore on journeymen and overrated late first round pick prospects. This isn't a treadmill team, there is legitimate NHL All-Star talent on this team and they're young and will only get better as the years go on with them playing together and making the playoffs together. And when the time is right, you add that big FA to push you over the top.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Game by game for me right now. Next three games are tough ones, could easily lose all three and be in a downward spiral again. I hope Reimer can return to form, because he looked slow on a few goals last night.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Are we REALLY talking about what position would be the best for the playoffs?

Really?

Have we not learned anything from the previous years?

Let's start by making the damn thing before talking about preferred positions.

Jesus...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad