Sixth place ideal?

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
Everyone refusing to talk about playoffs until we clinch? Are you serious? Quit being soft.
Don't lower expectations like that.

Of course we should be talking about playoffs.

No! there's some voodoo magic going on in here.. posting on this website has the power to jinx it all! im super serial!

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
sixth would be ideal. Assuming ottawa and montreal re 4th and 5th (boston goes 1st), then we face the weak south east division leader and then get to face a canadian rival in the 2nd round. There would be a good chance that we would get to the conference finals because of this.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
I will not worry about potential playoff match ups until I see that x in the standings.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
You guys can talk or not talk about the playoffs all you want. All I know is that I've double- and triple-checked the airbags on my 18-wheeler.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
sixth would be ideal. Assuming ottawa and montreal re 4th and 5th (boston goes 1st), then we face the weak south east division leader and then get to face a canadian rival in the 2nd round. There would be a good chance that we would get to the conference finals because of this.

You realise that "weak" south east division leader more than likely would be Carolina (who owns us), or Tampa Bay (who could own us)?

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Myrtle mentions that playoff pace right now is about 52 points in the East.

At the moment the Leafs are sitting at 26pts. so another 26pts (or better) is a possibility, but it means they have to be a .500 team the rest of the way. Realistically, can you see the Leafs winning 13 games in this remaining schedule? It's gonna be a battle until the end for sure.

Warning: The terms "off a cliff" or "hit with a 2 x 4" are been banned from being used in this thread :laugh:

MARCH | VISITOR | HOME
Mon, 4 Mar 2013|Devils|Maple Leafs
Wed, 6 Mar 2013|Senators|Maple Leafs
Thu, 7 Mar 2013|Maple Leafs|Bruins
Sat, 9 Mar 2013|Penguins|Maple Leafs
Tue, 12 Mar 2013|Maple Leafs|Jets
Thu, 14 Mar 2013|Penguins|Maple Leafs
Sat, 16 Mar 2013|Jets|Maple Leafs
Wed, 20 Mar 2013|Lightning|Maple Leafs
Thu, 21 Mar 2013|Maple Leafs|Sabres
Sat, 23 Mar 2013|Bruins|Maple Leafs
Mon, 25 Mar 2013|Maple Leafs|Bruins
Tue, 26 Mar 2013|Panthers|Maple Leafs
Thu, 28 Mar 2013|Hurricanes|Maple Leafs
Sat, 30 Mar 2013|Maple Leafs|Senators
||
APRIL | ........................ | ........................
Thu, 4 Apr 2013|Flyers|Maple Leafs
Sat, 6 Apr 2013|Maple Leafs|Devils
Mon, 8 Apr 2013|Rangers|Maple Leafs
Wed, 10 Apr 2013|Maple Leafs|Rangers
Sat, 13 Apr 2013|Canadiens|Maple Leafs
Mon, 15 Apr 2013|Devils|Maple Leafs
Tue, 16 Apr 2013|Maple Leafs|Capitals
Thu, 18 Apr 2013|Islanders|Maple Leafs
Sat, 20 Apr 2013|Maple Leafs|Senators
Wed, 24 Apr 2013|Maple Leafs|Lightning
Thu, 25 Apr 2013|Maple Leafs|Panthers
Sat, 27 Apr 2013|Canadiens|Maple Leafs

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Any team could own us...

You realise that "weak" south east division leader more than likely would be Carolina (who owns us), or Tampa Bay (who could own us)?

But the playoffs change everything when you play the same team night after night.I am more concerned about Bettman's ref fixing than Carolina themselves.With a healthy Reimer,Frattin,Lupul and maybe Gardiner anything is possible.Is there any easy team? No...

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
But the playoffs change everything when you play the same team night after night.I am more concerned about Bettman's ref fixing than Carolina themselves.With a healthy Reimer,Frattin,Lupul and maybe Gardiner anything is possible.Is there any easy team? No...

I :laugh: because it's mostly true.

I know it's different come playoff season, but Carolina has in both regular/post season have had Toronto's number. I think, with any team (including Boston) it would be different, but Carolina is the team that would put me in a pickle. I dunno.

I would just be happy to see some playoff action, regardless of the team we'd face :)

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
im really not sure how playing carolina is ideal? i wouldnt want anything to do with them..horrible match up for the leafs..also i dont want anything to do with cam ward..ideal would be a 4 vs 5 against montreal or ottawa..this is all making a big assumption that we will make the playoffs ofcourse

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
ugh, who cares? Like someone else posted, top 8 or bottom 5 in the league.

To actually reply to the OP...no, Carolina has been our bugaboo lately. Let's play the Habs, that would be just friggin awesome.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Ideally Boston since we play really well against them. Kessel>Seguin, Hamilton. Rask sucks.

lol

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Anywhere in the top 8 is fine by me at this point, I just want playoff hockey. I want 6th or 4th or 5th, right now if we pass the Sens tomorrow with a win over NJ we will sit 5th and who's in the 4th? That's right! the Montreal Canadiens. Man that would be such an epic series.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Anywhere in the top 8 is fine by me at this point, I just want playoff hockey. I want 6th or 4th or 5th, right now if we pass the Sens tomorrow with a win over NJ we will sit 5th and who's in the 4th? That's right! the Montreal Canadiens. Man that would be such an epic series.

May the odds ever be in our favour.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Huge positive, we've played ALOT of road games and have won most of them, that means alot of our remaining games are gonna be at home, similar to how Montreal started(now they go on the road.)

I'd say our chances are pretty actually, moreso than last year, I don't see a huge collapse coming.

Donald McRonald

Interested observer
Sep 13, 2009
United Nations
I'm starved for any playoff position at this time. But I think we'll still be lucky to make it considering how the other Eastern teams have been shoving loser points up each others ***** all year long. Handing those things out like candy on halloween.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Can't say now, everyone plays different come playoffs. Hope leafs get a huge fire under their ass after missing so many years of playoffs.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I dont care even one tiny bit who we play in the post-season. I only care that we play in the post-season.

It has been way too long. I am about to turn 28 years old and have never been able to go to a bar with friends to watch a Leafs playoff game (their last playoff drive I had just turned 19, but obviously a lot of friends were still 18).

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Huge positive, we've played ALOT of road games and have won most of them, that means alot of our remaining games are gonna be at home, similar to how Montreal started(now they go on the road.)

I'd say our chances are pretty actually, moreso than last year, I don't see a huge collapse coming.

A lot of upcoming home games isn't a positive for the Leafs if they don't start improving their home record. It's an impressive road record that's put them in a playoff spot right now. MacArthur put it best - they try to get too cute when they play at home. There seems to be nerves there and they try to do too much.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
The leafs haven't made the playoffs in nearly 10 years I dont think any of us can get greedy and pick an "ideal" place for them. Actually, I can easily see a lot of teams thinking the leafs wont make it and we'll get in under the 8th spot and go for a lengthy run in the playoffs. I don't see us pulling an LA or NJ like last year because we simply don't have the goaltending, but I can easily see us making it to the 2nd round and getting booted after a hard fought series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad