OT - NO POLITICS SIX MORE WEEKS OF WINTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Root canal done.....yay! They took my blood pressure before they started and it was 111/58, so I guess I don't have as much dental anxiety as I thought.

Took forever for the anesthesia to kick in. The dentist and his assistant were fantastic though. It went pretty quick once they could get started.

Said they also had to trim some of my gum :oops: but that heals quickly.

Now i just have to wait for the feeling in half of my face to return lol

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Root canal done.....yay! They took my blood pressure before they started and it was 111/58, so I guess I don't have as much dental anxiety as I thought.

Took forever for the anesthesia to kick in. The dentist and his assistant were fantastic though. It went pretty quick once they could get started.

Said they also had to trim some of my gum :oops: but that heals quickly.

Now i just have to wait for the feeling in half of my face to return lol
I know what a drag all of that is. I hope our Bs make you feel better.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
That probable cause affidavit in the Idaho case is intense. The police did an incredible job keeping things quiet. They got the right guy.

My heart breaks for the families

Reactions: GordonHowe

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
That probable cause affidavit in the Idaho case is intense. The police did an incredible job keeping things quiet. They got the right guy.

im wondering what the motive was. Will be interesting to find that out.
Also- people are friggin morons. guy carries around his phone when he goes on a murder spree. and continues each time he goes back to the site.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I never, ever considered leaving New England for the winter but if these climate change winters of the future are going to be perpetual March's of mud and wet snow, get me the f*** out!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
That was the closest one for me as well. I make do with Major League Roast Beef in Auburn now. It’s very good but I miss the onion rings from Kelly’s.

I never went there, but does anyone remember Buzzy's Roast Beef? There was a billboard sign as you left/approached Charles MGH on the Red Line.

And, I did go here, many times, in the early 80s as a student at Emerson: Charlie's Cafeteria, the first corner as you enter Kenmore Square proper. Their chili was pretty good, and I always nicked a few packages of Oyster crackers.

That was my breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think they were open till 1 or 2 am.

1672953806736.png

I never, ever considered leaving New England for the winter but if these climate change winters of the future are going to be perpetual March's of mud and wet snow, get me the f*** out!
I don't care. You couldn't pay me to live anywhere else in the world. And there are plenty of wonderful cities and towns. But this is my home, come hell or high water. Which is probably coming.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I followed the case from the beginning, though not obsessively so.

You never know what's in the human heart or head.

Reactions: BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
What is Kelly's?

It's a roast beef shop started by the grandfather of former Bruin Chris Kelly (who's now an assistant coach with the B's).

Chris used to work there (at the Revere location) in high school, and then became interim manager. This was before he was drafted 94th overall by the Ottawa Senators in 1999.

f*** snow.

thats it, thats my post.

"Brevity is the soul of wit."

- Shakespeare

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
im wondering what the motive was. Will be interesting to find that out.
Also- people are friggin morons. guy carries around his phone when he goes on a murder spree. and continues each time he goes back to the site.
I was on a jury where we convicted the guy of first degree murder and aside from surveillance video his cellphone data showed that he stalked the victim and then how he got away after shooting him. Wild shit.

Cell phone and cloud data will get you every time

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I followed the case from the beginning, though not obsessively so.

You never know what's in the human heart or head.
I followed it a bit but it went into some wild speculation early and I was out. Now I'm interested in it from a legal perspective. I'm wondering if they take the death penalty off the table.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Yup I just want typical snow for a bit and some frozen weather. Playing the mud game blows. Thaw reference half freeze full melt grounds thawing and soft hard refreeze repeat

Waste of weather.

Reactions: Mione134

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Vocal strain is no joke. This is probably the worst I have ever had. I still sound terrible but at least it isn't covid :)

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I was on a jury where we convicted the guy of first degree murder and aside from surveillance video his cellphone data showed that he stalked the victim and then how he got away after shooting him. Wild shit.

Cell phone and cloud data will get you every time

It will if you are dumb enough to carry a phone around with you whilst committing crimes that can be traced to you. All seasoned criminals are aware of this and the majority will take steps accordingly to avoid being caught this way. Many murderers actually aren't very experienced in crime so are more likely to implicate themselves via phones or other basic errors.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It will if you are dumb enough to carry a phone around with you whilst committing crimes that can be traced to you. All seasoned criminals are aware of this and the majority will take steps accordingly to avoid being caught this way. Many murderers actually aren't very experienced in crime so are more likely to implicate themselves via phones or other basic errors.
So true. Apparently he managed to shut his phone off when he committed the crime but failed to turn it off when he went back to the scene as well as when he stalked the house the 12 times before the murders. The PCA (probable cause affidavit) reads like a Stephen King novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad