OT: Site Layout

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not sure if this falls into this, I tried to report it once via the help page but got no response. I have scripts running that just constantly load over and over and over and suck all my bandwidth. So bad that if I'm streaming live TV it starts buffering. Then if you watch closely in the bottom left corner of the browser it says "Uploading.....100%" What's uploading and why?

Are these ads? I honestly don't know if they're ads or scripts relating to forum functionality? Anybody else seeing this?

Since you already contacted support I passed on your post.

I had some hanging issues the other day that resolved overnight. Not sure what it was.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There appears to be some kind of issue with embedded tweets in chrome that they're working on.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
There appears to be some kind of issue with embedded tweets in chrome that they're working on.

Yes, this is killing me right now. Legit cannot read certain threads after a tweet's embeded.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Since you already contacted support I passed on your post.

I had some hanging issues the other day that resolved overnight. Not sure what it was.
Thank you g00n! Not happening at the moment but I'll monitor to see what happens. Hopefully they got it fixed up. :)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Because everything is REALLY important

(jk, no it's not, they're screwing around with the fonts a lot)

I guess my complaint worked, everything's back to normal. What you and hockeykicker have to say is not important, everyone knows I'm the boss here ;)

Reactions: g00n

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I'm here for more than 2 years and I always wanted to ask a question.

Why do we have to close a thread after 40 pages?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm here for more than 2 years and I always wanted to ask a question.

Why do we have to close a thread after 40 pages?

It used to be because of server load and back end management issues. Since then we've gone through a number of upgrades that make the 1000 post limit more or less arbitrary. We will slide past it on some threads and reboot others for continuity or searchability etc.

Reactions: ovikovy817

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
It used to be because of server load and back end management issues. Since then we've gone through a number of upgrades that make the 1000 post limit more or less arbitrary. We will slide past it on some threads and reboot others for continuity or searchability etc.

Do you have to do it now too? Because I saw a Matthews/McDavid with 80+ pages on the main

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Do you have to do it now too? Because I saw a Matthews/McDavid with 80+ pages on the main
We don't have to. But for the long, ongoing discussions, it keeps the management/modding easier. We likely won't do it anymore for GDTs or other threads that have a shorter shelf-life.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Big recurring topics on the mains like that are a pain in the ass to moderate and as soon as you close one three more pop up. So it's better to just let one go since it's going to be multi-part anyway.

There aren't really many threads here that we could let go forever like a general player comparison discussion. We usually talk about things that roll over at least once per season (new rosters, new season, etc).

Plus, the owners of the site do not like "megathreads" to begin with.

Sep 19, 2008
Please stop loading articles by default. Really makes it difficult to navigate to this forum and others.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Site admins are experimenting with a 'mini-me' icon over the thread starter icon on forum pages. It indicates threads you have posted in.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad