OT: Site Layout

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I like it, just wish there was a night mode. I've played around with the new functionalities and it's so much better than the old platform. Also, I enjoy the minimalistic look. This is what a forum should look like in 2017. Quite the jump from a 2003 platform.

Reactions: Acallabeth

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Way too much white. Also the “mobile” version, if you want to call it that, is garbage.

I will still be here but not on my phone for sure.

Sep 19, 2008
It's desperately necessary to facilitate embedding of media. Ain't nobody use yt tags or tweet. You should just copy and paste a link.

On the negative side, why do I have to go through metropolitan and then scroll through washing Capitals to post? At least for mobile, you have to go through a maze just to get here. Silly.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Shouldn't take long to find everything. Bugs still being worked out. Not really thrilled with the "white white and more white" background, which I'm hearing from a lot of people. Needs more separation of posts/items.

Remember to email support if you have issues.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What a hell is happened in here.
All my threads and other posts are gone.

Should i post 2468 posts again?
This new site layout and forum is bullshit

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
It took me 5 minutes just to fugure out how to log in on the mobile version.

It's fine so far. I like the likes. I don't like that it shows user icons on the thread lists, but it's not a deal breaker.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Way too much white. Also the “mobile” version, if you want to call it that, is garbage.

What are you talking about? This site is actually useable on mobile now.

Sep 19, 2008
Something seems off with the gap on the right

Cm8njLy.png

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Meh so far. Via Firefox I feel like there is a lot wasted space. The users details box on the left side eats up an awful lot of vertical space on short posts, and the right side is unused - meanwhile screens are wider than ever. We don't need to see trophy points detailed for every user. Yay 50 posts per page option is back! I assume the 1K post limit is gone, yeah what a pain in the ass for mods. Speculation thread MXVIII.

The puffs ad on mobile it getting old. Advertisers don't realize that some of us will avoid products that are held in front of their face. And I don't even know what Coir Fiber Grow Media is.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Interesting, no profanity filter?

You still can't say shit like f*** but it's been rolled back some. lol

We actually had a long, in depth mod discussion about many of the rules during the re-write. I came up with a first draft and we did a little tweaking here and there with an intent to ease up on the filter and some piddly crap like memes and emojis. Wasn't expecting the s-bomb to make it through, hahah

Also, regarding the theme/white, a chrome skin is out

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hfboards-software-update.2391629/page-2#post-136137729

use at your own risk as I haven't vetted this but someone said it looks good

Last edited:

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm sure I'll come around to it, the same way I eventually come around to every computer/console/tablet/phone operating system update that "improves" things by needlessly complicating the simple/day-to-day fundamentals, adding a lot of bells and whistles that I don't care about, and creates a ton of useless white space for a "cleaner" look.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Being able to collapse the posters details would make me a happy camper.

It actually looks like the nhl.com scoreboard, a ton of white space, White space is secret code for wasted space. Did you ever think you would spend so much of your life, scrolling?

Perhaps its time to adjust the mouse wheel line scroll setting.

And I don't need to see my advartar to the left of where the reply box is. I actually know its me!

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Being able to collapse the posters details would make me a happy camper.

It actually looks like the nhl.com scoreboard, a ton of white space, White space is secret code for wasted space. Did you ever think you would spend so much of your life, scrolling?

Perhaps its time to adjust the mouse wheel line scroll setting.

And I don't need to see my advartar to the left of where the reply box is. I actually know its me!

Yeah it feels like there should be a settings option to collapse a lot of stuff, but so far, I don’t see it.

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Everybody deleting out stuff out of their profile kills white space - let's do this! :propeller

Location, home page, occupation... maybe heavy posters with that info on display to the left, can move it to the 'other notes' 'about me' section of their profile.

Example @CapitalsCupFantasy can chip in by deleting "http://" out their home page profile, and save us all 1 line of white space until the end of time.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Everybody deleting out stuff out of their profile kills white space - let's do this! :propeller

Location, home page, occupation... maybe heavy posters with that info on display to the left, can move it to the 'other notes' 'about me' section of their profile.

Example @CapitalsCupFantasy can chip in by deleting "http://" out their home page profile, and save us all 1 line of white space until the end of time.

I'm going to make a huge ass signature just to bother you ;)

EDIT: Haha there it is lol

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Oh come on....I was reserving that space for something witty!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Mobile actually looks pretty good to me. Don’t like the desktop version.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->