Since when are games only 60mins? Oil win 4-2!

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Way to go Oilers :handclap:

Got a lead and held on for the win in regulation?

feels%20goodman.jpg

Hope Nuge isnt hurt too bad :(

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
The Nuge injury is exactly why I don't like our most important players playing on the pk.

Agreed, he was the best player on the ice before that, then boom PK block shot and injured. That should have been Pakman or Letestu blocking that shot, I guess props to him for getting in front of a clapper close range.

That 3rd period is exactly why you don't trade RNH, they missed him big time getting the puck out of their own end.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Agreed, he was the best player on the ice before that, then boom PK block shot and injured. That should have been Pakman or Letestu blocking that shot, I guess props to him for getting in front of a clapper close range.

That 3rd period is exactly why you don't trade RNH, they missed him big time getting the puck out of their own end.

Because that's never happened before with Nuge playing right? Cmon, get real. Nuge was having a good game, but for every good game he has, he also has 5 games where he is completely invisible.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

That third period is exactly why you need more veterans in the bottom six and on D. Nuge would've avoided physical contact and it could have been more damaging.

But yes, I prefer bottom sixers as penalty killers. But you have to utilize the best players for the job. Sadly, this team means putting a Nuge type player out for a PK.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Because that's never happened before with Nuge playing right? Cmon, get real. Nuge was having a good game, but for every good game he has, he also has 5 games where he is completely invisible.

Sure it happens sometimes with Nuge in, but that's what every game would look like if we trade him and one of McD or Drai go down long term.

Sure if you get a blueliner you can't turn down for him you move him otherwise you move Ebs/Yak/'16 1st before him, strong centre depth is sooooo important in this league.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Pak crushing guys all over the ice again. Whoever says our all our regular bottom 6 guys are soft and useless has no clue what they're talking about.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Gryba has been pretty solid as of late

He does some things which are really valuable. A really strong PKer and he rarely seems to be caught out of position in the defensive zone. But holy cow does it enrage me when he no look waffles it along the boards. The number of time that causes a turnover and subsequent pressure seems to be multiple per game.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008

Maybe it should have been Lander...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad