Prospect Info: Simon Nemec - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
If there was re-draft, where does Nemec go? I think right now every agrees that Slafkovsky has dropped out of #1 and that it would probably be Cooley taken first overall.

But the #2 pick is interesting. I think right now in a vacuum, I would argue it's a three way tie between Nemec, Jiricek, and Mintyukov. Three defensemen who all bring something different to the table. I think we still take Nemec at #2 given Fitz's priorities and the state of our prospect pool.

I do wonder how NJ and Montreal had Cooley rated and if already having a crop of smaller high end forwards impacted their decision to pass on him.

Camille the Eel

giphy.gif

I'm glad to hear Nemec is on the mend.
I wonder if there’s any update on Nemec getting back now that another week has passed? Looking over the Comet’s game summary against the Rochester Americans, I still didn’t see him mentioned. Oddly there was no box score I could easily find on their website.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Cant wait of his debut. CBJ fans think that we made absolutely wrong decision on the draft and Nemec isnt in the same tier as Jiricek. I want to see them against each other. Not saying that Jiricek is bad defenseman, he is very good, but he is playing minor role and overall Nemec vs Jiricek is a very fun small competition. where Jiricek is very active in offensive zone, but Nemec is much better as two way defenseman. From what I saw pre draft and from some AHL games.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Cant wait of his debut. CBJ fans think that we made absolutely wrong decision on the draft and Nemec isnt in the same tier as Jiricek. I want to see them against each other. Not saying that Jiricek is bad defenseman, he is very good, but he is playing minor role and overall Nemec vs Jiricek is a very fun small competition. where Jiricek is very active in offensive zone, but Nemec is much better as two way defenseman. From what I saw pre draft and from some AHL games.
Nemec’s 5v5 production last year is highly encouraging to me. He had pretty similar stats to Jiricek without the PP time.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Nemec’s 5v5 production last year is highly encouraging to me. He had pretty similar stats to Jiricek without the PP time.
As I remembered he had better ES stats.

13 P1, 21 P Nemec, 11 P, 6 P1 Jiricek.

So its not about eye test only. It's translating to the stats pretty well. If they will become Slevec and Gostisbericek, I will prefer Slevec.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

IMG_0017.jpeg

I didn’t go listen to the podcast but if I was there I could have let Ramsey know the Devils were remarkably healthy last year.

It is a little odd Nemec hasn’t gotten a game just to show him what the NHL is like but it’s also not a big deal.

Also, translation can add inflection that isn’t there in the mind of the speaker.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Hamilton - 82 games.
Severson - 81 games.
Marino - 64 games. They needed a guy to play #1 pk to replace Marino though.

It may be hard to believe, but there wasn't an opening for Nemec.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad