Confirmed with Link: Simon Gagne done for the year

OnlyEatPasta

Pastafarian
Dec 7, 2009
Amalie Benjamin:

attachment.php

Link to article: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/13/simon-gagne-will-not-back-with-bruins/S14MndZXoxOtvDRIWgxcCJ/story.html

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He was a great player. What a difficult time in his life.

Seemed like a good guy.

Best of luck Simon.

Arthur*

Real talk, he wouldn't have had a spot in the lineup if he came back anyway. I think he's played his last NHL game.

Best wishes though, I don't mind that Chiarelli gave him a chance in the preseason, too bad it didn't work out and he couldn't recapture his old self.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I believe so unless they are given an exception like the Kings... But that's an ENTIRELY different reason why.

Have to feel this is the end of career, as well... Barely made the cut this year. Feel horrible for him and his family, but glad we were able to see a little bit of him this year. Certainly wasn't a key player but I think the 4th line has missed him.

Hell of a career and he's a great guy... 2010 playoffs and all. ;) All the luck and best of wishes to him.
So if I remember correctly they give the Kings wife beater a break, but you don't think
they'll give Gagne/Bruins a break.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Sucks to lose a parent. I found it very difficult to summon up the energy to do simple things like showering, preparing a meal, etc. for a few weeks and I would randomly find myself in tears for months afterward. Even discussing it now, years later, is tough at times. Doesn't surprise me at all that he doesn't want to return to pro hockey at this time, especially at this point in his career. Best to him and his family.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Never the circumstance you want a player to have to step away from the game

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Awful stuff for him and his family. I wish them all the best in these tough times. Right call on his part to step away. Some things are bigger than the game, and family is most certainly one of them. Makes a silly game on ice seem pretty petty.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
I think he will be designated same as Thomas was. No cap hit as long as he remains 'suspended'. Not reporting.

I think.

This makes sense but if this is the case, I wonder why the Bs felt the need to trade Thomas to the Isles if he wasn't going to count against the cap (and they weren't going to re-sign him anyway)?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
yet another example of just how insignificant the game of hockey is in the grand scheme of life. Be well Simon, take care of you and your family

He played the game right, honest effort on the ice, apparently a real nice guy off it

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I hope everything works out for him and his family in the future.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
yet another example of just how insignificant the game of hockey is in the grand scheme of life. Be well Simon, take care of you and your family

He played the game right, honest effort on the ice, apparently a real nice guy off it

well said I couldn't agree with you more.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Real talk, he wouldn't have had a spot in the lineup if he came back anyway. I think he's played his last NHL game.

Best wishes though, I don't mind that Chiarelli gave him a chance in the preseason, too bad it didn't work out and he couldn't recapture his old self.

Wrong... he was the worst player at camp, ended up with a contract and a regular spot on the roster.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This makes sense but if this is the case, I wonder why the Bs felt the need to trade Thomas to the Isles if he wasn't going to count against the cap (and they weren't going to re-sign him anyway)?

Im not positive but i believe it was because if Thomas returned/reported or even worse retired it would count until the term was done.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Too bad for simon. Never want to see that to anyone let alone a guy who has had a career as he has. wish him and all his family the best of luck getting through this

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Im not positive but i believe it was because if Thomas returned/reported or even worse retired it would count until the term was done.

I believe the B's suspended him, but once traded, the Isles didn't and I think maybe they used his cap hit to count toward cap floor but didn't pay him.

I could be incredibly wrong but thought that is what I read.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Co-signed.

My best wishes to Simon & his family.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He was coooked and not good enough regardless for us at this stage. Shouldn't have made it out of training camp really.

GL to him with the personal and family issues though.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I feel bad for him.

I thought I saw progress in him from camp to the start of the year but his progress kind of stalled at "not good enough." Then he had to leave the team...

Great player in his day. Tough way to end a storied career. Wish him all the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad