Confirmed with Link: Simon Gagne done for the year

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
best of luck to him and hopefully he and his family can move forward. plenty young enough to do anything he wants.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Do suspended players count against the cap?

I believe so unless they are given an exception like the Kings... But that's an ENTIRELY different reason why.

Have to feel this is the end of career, as well... Barely made the cut this year. Feel horrible for him and his family, but glad we were able to see a little bit of him this year. Certainly wasn't a key player but I think the 4th line has missed him.

Hell of a career and he's a great guy... 2010 playoffs and all. ;) All the luck and best of wishes to him.

NotedToughGuyDKrejci

Aug 7, 2004
LA, CA
I believe so unless they are given an exception like the Kings... But that's an ENTIRELY different reason why.

Have to feel this is the end of career, as well... Barely made the cut this year. Feel horrible for him and his family, but glad we were able to see a little bit of him this year. Certainly wasn't a key player but I think the 4th line has missed him.

Hell of a career and he's a great guy... 2010 playoffs and all. ;) All the luck and best of wishes to him.

Suspended by the league they do, but does it still count if they are suspended for not reporting?

LoneWolf54

Oct 25, 2010
OMAHA
Suspended by the league they do, but does it still count if they are suspended for not reporting?

I'm pretty sure the NHL and NHLPA can grant exceptions regarding cap/salary once the situation and status change is reviewed

:dunno:

Regardless, I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision. Wishing his family all the best.

Last edited:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

I'm not sure. I'm fairly certain that the league would be willing to give an exception for this out of respect for Simon and because of the situation.

He obviously won't be paid his salary anymore but I'm not sure about cap. If I were to guess, because we can call up another player as he's not a roster player anymore I would say yes, his cap does not count.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Tough year for him.
I can totally understand why he isn't coming back-injuries pretty much cooked his career and I am not sure he will make a come back.

Wish him the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad