Confirmed with Link: Simon Gagne done for the year

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I feel bad for him.

I thought I saw progress in him from camp to the start of the year but his progress kind of stalled at "not good enough." Then he had to leave the team...

Great player in his day. Tough way to end a storied career. Wish him all the best.

It's a tough end for sure.

But not much to accomplish career wise. A cup, an Olympic gold medal.

Wish him all the best for sure.

Maybe we'll see him as a broadcaster.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Unfortunate circumstances for him and his family. I wish him the best. Always liked him a lot as a player and wish the Bruins could of had him in his prime.

Didn't see a lot from him when he was playing but a lot of distractions..Injuries certainly derailed his career..

Wish him and his family the best tho. More important things in life and he has had a great career already. Time to step away and be with family.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Condolences to the whole Gagne family.

A good friend of mine buried his mother Saturday, another one buried his father yesterday and another will bury her father tomorrow.

Only one was unexpected, but it still sucks.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No matter how old the deceased or the child is, when you lose a parent you feel it. Personally, when I lost my parents I told my wife in a strange way that I felt like an orphan...I know it sounds crazy but even in my mid thirties I felt that the two people who knew me the best and never made me feel as bad as they could've because of the bond we had, were gone. In some cases that feeling leaves some people feeling un-insulated from the cold cruel world. Added to that the way his dad died can throw a person for a loop that takes a while to overcome. He just went threw his own health battles and then this came along.
I agree, he's better off taking time off and contemplating his next career moves. We all come to that crossroads at some point and for an NHL player it comes early on in life.
Here's hoping that he takes the time he needs to deal with the changes to his life and comes out on top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad