Recalled/Assigned: Simon Edvinsson recalled from Grand Rapids

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I would imagine it's more a matter of being ultra cautious with a 20yo that grew 2 inches since his draft and is still filling out. Be sure that any soreness is just that and nothing structural.
I believe he had concussion once

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Johansson hasn't played in a while. Grand Rapids is like a black hole, no information gets out from there and none of the Wings reporters seem to care, so we have no idea why.

That GR situation is ridiculous, how is that information situation even possible?

Like, it's usually me from Finland collecting some damn lines from scoresheets... I did it already at 90's for NHL, before there was better broadcasts or streams.

AHL is 25 years behind. Have they heard about internet yet ?

Reactions: NickH8 and lilidk

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
That GR situation is ridiculous, how is that information situation even possible?

Like, it's usually me from Finland collecting some damn lines from scoresheets... I did it already at 90's for NHL, before there was better broadcasts or streams.

AHL is 25 years behind. Have they heard about internet yet ?
Simon is really dumb about info getting out. Apparently he was pissed when it got out that Hanas was out for the year. He's a controlling dick.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
In all Honesty Edvinsson marks the end of the "first phase" of the rebuild for me. This is really exciting to see. Might not be sparkling but we have an actual core now or at least the beginnings of one. Probably going to be only up from here and rapidly.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
In all Honesty Edvinsson marks the end of the "first phase" of the rebuild for me. This is really exciting to see. Might not be sparkling but we have an actual core now or at least the beginnings of one. Probably going to be only up from here and rapidly.

Looks like Larkin Seider Raymond and Edvinsson can be built around. Hopefully Kasper can be added to that list as well. On top of that it looks like theres at least a few really solid complimentary guys in Rasmussen, Walman, Berggren plus some others on the way like Mazur, Soderblom, Johansson. Plus the wings still have a tonne of draft capital.

Its taking a while but everything is shaping up

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Ed is probably already a top 3D on this team. No reason to go down other than to not play the full 10 games.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Looks like Larkin Seider Raymond and Edvinsson can be built around. Hopefully Kasper can be added to that list as well. On top of that it looks like theres at least a few really solid complimentary guys in Rasmussen, Walman, Berggren plus some others on the way like Mazur, Soderblom, Johansson. Plus the wings still have a tonne of draft capital.

Its taking a while but everything is shaping up

I am a little down on Raymond right now. Hasn't had a good season, and has stayed on the perimeter far too much where it is tough to generate continued offence.

Reactions: David D

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Probably staying at this point, wouldn't be surprised to see him sit some games, though, to keep his total games played count to 9 or below

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Johansson hasn't played in a while. Grand Rapids is like a black hole, no information gets out from there and none of the Wings reporters seem to care, so we have no idea why.
Johansson has been hurt for the past 2 weeks. Simon wants no info on injuries during his watch. It was Kaser (our radio play by play man) who I believe, was the one who announced that Hanas was out for the season and also mentioned that Brattstrom is likely out for the season as well. The reporters who asks questions after the game, are so lame and boring to listen to.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Johansson has been hurt for the past 2 weeks. Simon wants no info on injuries during his watch. It was Kaser (our radio play by play man) who I believe, was the one who announced that Hanas was out for the season and also mentioned that Brattstrom is likely out for the season as well. The reporters who asks questions after the game, are so lame and boring to listen to.
I'm really curious why he's like that.
Like I sort of get the upper lower thing not wanting goons to target injuries but just no info or timeliness at all is silly.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Probably staying at this point, wouldn't be surprised to see him sit some games, though, to keep his total games played count to 9 or below
These days you want to get your likely stars signed to their 2nd deal as quick as possible. Sliding guys is rarely worth it until you're actually in your championship window and getting quality production on the ELC is the only real way to make your roster make sense.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Funny....

...saw some old images of Dolph Lundgren... at Masters of the Universe movie.

Edvinsson looks like him.
Edvinsson, clearly not a fan of sportsmanship, saying, "If he dives, he dives."

ivan-drago-rocky.gif

• Haha
Reactions: sepster and Henkka

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
How can you call that a "hit," lol?
He caught him on the thigh, not the hip. Just slow it down at the 41 second mark and you can see that is the case. Penalty... I don't think so but Gudas is a cheap shot artist and this team is softer than picnic table butter in August.

Of note, Simon has looked very good. Get in his 9, send him down to close out the year and motivate him to work hard for a legit shot at a roster spot next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: wings95

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad