Recalled/Assigned: Simon Edvinsson recalled from Grand Rapids

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I hope he just kills it, because this feels like a call up knowing that Chiarot will return and Simon gets sent right back down.

Make them have no choice but to keep you, Simon.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
His ELC can still slide this year. Will be interesting to see if he plays more than 9 games, with 15 left in Detroit's season.

Over/under on Simon Edvinsson's games played with Detroit this year: 9.5

Reactions: Retire91

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
His ELC can still slide this year. Will be interesting to see if he plays more than 9 games, with 15 left in Detroit's season.

Over/under on Simon Edvinsson's games played with Detroit this year: 9.5
I would understand if they sit him a few to keep him under 10 games while still practicing and getting used to the NHL life. Would make sense asset management wise.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Excited to see him play. I don't feel the need to burn an ELC unless he's truly great, but it will be nice to get him a reward with some NHL action and the better NHL pay. Looking forward to tonight's game.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Tear it up, kid. Knock that door down.

418147eeb67334a7c7d5446e353a0a4d731b1b1934eb8db1eb031be4e364daf7.jpg

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Excited to see him play. I don't feel the need to burn an ELC unless he's truly great, but it will be nice to get him a reward with some NHL action and the better NHL pay. Looking forward to tonight's game.

I'm still waiting for the teams to really lean into the popularization of burning ELC years early to get to a second contract before a major breakout happens. I just want to have two different universes where I can follow simultaneously and see which method ends up working out the best.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I'm still waiting for the teams to really lean into the popularization of burning ELC years early to get to a second contract before a major breakout happens. I just want to have two different universes where I can follow simultaneously and see which method ends up working out the best.
With so many [good] young guys getting big contracts earlier than ever before, it seems the league has indeed shifted in that direction already. To me, it only makes sense for your very best players, but it does make sense. Stutzle getting that contract made a lot of sense. But you obviously want to be careful getting to that second contract too soon and overpaying a B-level player thinking he'll be A-level, or doing it too often and screwing up your cap structure.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Fair enough. In the winged wheel, I still can't shake Coffey though lol.
Well I mean Lilja wore #3 for us, but I’m hoping Edvinsson makes us forget that ever happened lol. I like #3 and #77 for a defenseman.

Someone just needs to get Kasper and Berggren to pick better numbers.

Seider is making #53 his own.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Well I mean Lilja wore #3 for us, but I’m hoping Edvinsson makes us forget that ever happened lol. I like #3 and #77 for a defenseman.

Someone just needs to get Kasper and Berggren to pick better numbers.

Seider is making #53 his own.
As much as #3 does make me think of Lilja, it makes me think of Bob Rouse more, so it's ok. Plus I like low numbers.

In a vacuum, I don't like #53 for Seider, but given the reason for it, I'm perfectly ok with it.

I kinda like #24 for Kasper.

#52 is a little weird though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad