Simon Despres Appreciation Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanaticalFan

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
It's extremely naive to think us being upset about Despres will change a damn thing. They don't care about our feelings, they care about their money.

And most casual fans don't give a **** about Beau.

this makes me so sad because it is true

Penguins management:

6NENb.gif

this has to be true to... even if it isn't it makes me laugh.
so many feels in thread

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
I just wanted to say that as a Ducks fan I find this thread hilarious and keep coming back to it, not in a bad haha-in-your-face way, but literally hilarious. You have a great forum going on here and I've started to appreciate you and the Penguins as a franchise a lot since I've wandered into here. Anyway, thanks for Simon, we'll keep him fed :handclap:

That's good. Because you probably appreciate the Penguins "franchise" more than I do right now.

I hope Burkle sends the "Council Of 9" packing.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014

For Josh, that's tantamount to giving up.

I followed that Billy guy and retweeted/favorited about 15 choice tweets. Hope DK doesn't mind...

Wait, nope, he unfollowed me last night, after his bot accidently added me to his follow train. Once he caught a whiff of what I feel about him, he corrected that one.

Awesome twitter account.

Also, had to do a search for MPF on internet slang sites. Never seen Mad Max original/new.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ben Lovejoy's face when reading his ex-teammates talk about how much of a steal the Despres trade was

latest

then Ben Lovejoy's face when he realizes he's still making a million dollars a year

3f02a.jpg

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Pfft, you should we what I did to Mackey.

Also, look at the back and forth I had with DK. You know you've got a pro writer on the ropes when he starts answering with smiley faces and LOL's.

Also, aren't I handsome for a 41 year old?

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Ben Lovejoy's face when reading his ex-teammates talk about how much of a steal the Despres trade was

latest

This is absolutely the funniest part of this whole debacle, all the quotes from ducks players like this one:

Beauchemin on Despres: "He was the steal of the deadline, that’s for sure. In the last few years. ... It was just a great move by Murph."

are basically indirect backhands across lovejoy's face. Every quote that comes out of that locker room glowing about what a surprise despres is and what a steal of a trade it was is a tacit admission that the player they used to have in his place couldn't hold his jockstrap.

I hope to god someone in this clickbait media tries to get a quote out of lovejoy about his former teammates enthusiasm for him not being there anymore, with his penchant for the blunt truth in interviews it has potential to sustain this thread for years.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I saw quotes from Fowler and Cogliano today that basically started with "No offense to Lovejoy but...."

It was pretty funny.

Ally22

Jul 3, 2013
Don Cherry loves Despres. Soooo literally everybody except the Pittsburgh Penguins organization. Amazing

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I followed that Billy guy and retweeted/favorited about 15 choice tweets. Hope DK doesn't mind...

Wait, nope, he unfollowed me last night, after his bot accidently added me to his follow train. Once he caught a whiff of what I feel about him, he corrected that one.

Awesome twitter account.

Also, had to do a search for MPF on internet slang sites. Never seen Mad Max original/new.

that Billy guy is our own MtlPens Fan, he annoys crap out of madden too, I will never forget, I think it was penguins podcast when Maaden's co-host was reading tweets and said "and one from Billy" and Madden quickly said, scrap that, did not one MPF's comments, that wa sfunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad