Simon Despres Appreciation Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't get it. Pay sites are worthless if it's going to be DK level news. DK is terrific at what he does, but I don't think there is that much demand.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
there are people who have so-attached their sports self-esteem to their favorite teams that they feel like any negativity towards or about those teams speaks ill of them. So they can't accept any of that negativity, because they feel like it makes them a less person. So they are going to defend this trade to the death, so they don't wake up hating themselves.

Wow. Deep deep stuff there.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
LOVE this gem from the official Pens board re: Rutherford for the Canes. Going back to Cassius' comments a while ago.

c108be5c44d17dfe767bd93e0b8c952c.jpg

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
This is my chat with Dejan last night.. which subsequently got be blocked from him:laugh::laugh::laugh: He blocked me so I cannot see all of his responses.

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 15h15 hours ago

Says a little about human nature that @Penguins deadline day was a total wash, but NO ONE EVER mentions Cole/Bortuzzo heist. Only the other.

@Dejan_Kovacevic @penguins Nice strawman. Getting Cole does not negate giving Despres away for a journeyman like Lovejoy. Smfh.

He blocked me so I cannot see his responses anymore. But it was something to the fact that this is not a strawman argument.

@Dejan_Kovacevic So you still like the despres for Lovejoy trade? Why are these two trades linked? The Pens could have had both.

@Dejan_Kovacevic and you bringing up Cole when discussing Despres is a total strawman.

He says something about show me in print where I said I liked the trade. To which I reply:

@Dejan_Kovacevic 3/6/15 Friday insider you say "I'll applaud mgmt for their work on this trade as well as their thought process."

He says You do find it weird that YOU are telling ME what I think..and I reply back.

@Dejan_Kovacevic Not think. But said. Just admit you supported this trade.

At this point he says ADMIT, you want me to ADMIT that.. See ya, bye.

What a petulant child. He could not have an adult conversation and say ya know what I did support this trade, but in hindsight it was a disaster. Screw off Dejan. So glad I didn't spend any money on his site.

LOL that was you? Funny stuff.

Oh he FULLY supported the trade. Without even looking back, I remember him calling Lovejoy a better skater and better in transition on his site.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Oh, and there was this gem:

What was awesome about last night was that he was clearly trolling, and never in a million years did he expect Despres to score a goal WHILE he was being dickish about things. That's when he lost it and got so desperate that he literally tried to change history while forgetting completely that things you write on the internet are in ink, not pencil.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, reading Eric Stephens timeline is like wandering into a Facebook post about how good your ex is in bed.

I need some ice cream

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
That's really just it. Plain and ****ing simple. Take the names out and look at the two players as A and B. A (Despres) is 23, 6'4", 215lbs, loves the physical stuff, skates extremely well, has a great pass, can carry the puck, and looks like a stud playing top minutes. B (Lovejoy) is 31, soft, a decent skater, can't pass for ****, can't carry the puck, and looked absolutely atrocious playing more than bottom pairing minutes/role. Player for player, we lose. Asset value vs. asset value, we lose. Present impact vs. present impact, we lose. Future impact vs. future impact, we lose. Potential vs. potential, we lose.

We. ****ing. Got. Robbed. Period. Dot. Period. End. Fin.

Yup. And he was one of our best trade pieces to fill in the Top 6. Now we have Ben Lovejoy and zero great trade options...

Sutter alone isn't going to get you a great top 6 guy.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Anyone here still supporting DK is out to lunch. The guy was exposed as a hack, a fraud and a shill with the Despres trade. I deleted his site and could give two cucky's if I ever hear from him ever again.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
I can't stress enough how important it is for us fans to be vocal about our displeasure and hatred of the organization's treating of Despres.

If we get the word out in a public way, like Wikipedia (etc., Think of more ideas)(change.org petition?), and the Pens season ticket and game ticket venues, then hopefully this travesty won't repeat itself with Beau Bennett and the rest of our young'ns.

Take to the streets and shout!

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
It's extremely naive to think us being upset about Despres will change a damn thing. They don't care about our feelings, they care about their money.

And most casual fans don't give a **** about Beau.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I don't hurt for the Penguins. I hurt for me!

My pain sustains me.

Oh I know. I am right there with you in the top of the Despres fan club. I just think it's silly to believe that the Penguins give a damn about how any of us feel about him.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Ducks fan here. I am still scratching my head over what flaws Despres could have had to warrant a trade for Lovejoy. I figured he would be an AHL project when we got him, but he has been extremely good and he's 23, 6 foot 4, and playing out of his mind in the playoffs.

What are his flaws.... why is he worth ben lovejoy. I am so confused. Sorry for rubbing it in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad