Eklund Rumor: Simmonds to Tampa for Katchouk+pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Regardless how/why Washington beat us, Wayne Simmonds playing 12 minutes per night is not going to be the secret weapon to beating them. Half the people in this thread are talking like what we really need is to bring John Scott out of retirement. A hell of a lot cheaper than Simmonds, and apparently can fill the role we need.

Barry Trotz has Jon Cooper's number. We saw it again when we played the Isles a couple of years ago. We didn't adapt at all to Washington. They just buried our dump and chase game.

The key changes are ones we've already made, most notably, the firing of Rick Bowness.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
I think Eklund is just tossing stuff out there hoping something sticks at this point in time. This is now the 5th team he has had Simmonds getting traded to in 6 days

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
its actually true

Eklund hasn't even been remotely close on any flyers moves since the Richards and Carter thing and that was what? 8 years ago now?

Buff to Philly has been an e4 for like 5 years. The dude lost any contact he had as soon as Hextall took over, and there certainly isn't anything to flyers rumors he's stated that would lend any credence to the idea he's back in the know now.

He's as knowledgeable on the flyers as he is on any other fan base anymore, which isn't much.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I just don't see us paying anything significant. I think the Flyers can, and should, get a better offer elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino