Sportsnet: Simmonds is likely done as a Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
He’s also done as an effective NHL player.
Yeah a perennial 25+ goal scorer on pace for 20+ goals on a flyers team that cant score is definitely not an effective player. Not to mention everything else he brings to the game.

Reactions: Sasso09

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He will land somewhere because GMs love grit and guys with name recognition. On no planet is he a good second line winger.
Yeah a guy who plays physical and isn't afraid to get his nose dirty, that's such an albatross around anyone's neck.

He has fair hands and can clean up dirty goals.

Ooooh the horrors.

He will get traded and then signed in the offseason becuase like Liam Neeson he possesses a very specific set of skills that are in demand.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yeah a perennial 25+ goal scorer on pace for 20+ goals on a flyers team that cant score is definitely not an effective player. Not to mention everything else he brings to the game.
Restoring my faith in these boards, some people get it.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Hasn't simmonds played in like 4 outdoor games already? And it's not like you are getting a big send-off with the fans sitting a quarter mile from the ice where ( because of those awful jerseys) they likely couldn't have picked simmonds out.
Well....considering he was the only black guy playing in the game, I'm sure it was quite easy to pick him out

Reactions: JTRAIN1966

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Not shocked, you have to get assets for your pending UFA's who are going to walk. Philly may slip into the playoffs but I dont think anyone really thinks they have a chance at the cup. If they were acquiring players like Columbus lets say then I would say keep Wayne for the playoffs. Just like Columbus likely keeps Panarin after the 2 trades they made.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
His number of goals every year before this one are completely irrelevant. He’s 31 this year, has played a heavy game for years and players of his style lose it very quickly. Most logical people don’t give a crap that he brings things other than goals. He certainly doesn’t bring positive shot or possession metrics. He throws a few hits a game. Great. If that’s worth a pick and a prospect, GMs are even stupider than I give them credit for.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Well....considering he was the only black guy playing in the game, I'm sure it was quite easy to pick him out
With those uniforms and that distance? Good luck.
Plus those stupid helmet decals, I'd be avoiding the facial/head area.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah a guy who plays physical and isn't afraid to get his nose dirty, that's such an albatross around anyone's neck.

Ooooh the horrors.

He will get traded and then signed in the offseason becuase like Liam Neeson he possesses a very specific set of skills that are in demand.

His skating/motor has broken and he’s an ES liability bleeding goals.

It’s literally the exact same situation as James Neal.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg

Ooooh the horrors.

There are a ton of guys in this league who are younger, better and cheaper who get their “nose dirty” and “clean up dirty goals” as if that’s some sort of enviable skill. It’s bascially code for “he can’t do the things he used to do, but he still tries to injure people and can knock a few rebounds past a goalie”. There is absolutely no chance that any team that gives up a second and or a half decent prospect will be satisfied with him. He will take the spot of a younger and better player and be largely a black hole.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
His number of goals every year before this one are completely irrelevant. He’s 31 this year, has played a heavy game for years and players of his style lose it very quickly. Most logical people don’t give a crap that he brings things other than goals. He certainly doesn’t bring positive shot or possession metrics. He throws a few hits a game. Great. If that’s worth a pick and a prospect, GMs are even stupider than I give them credit for.

-Random guy posting on a hockey message board

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Plays with sandpaper and is good in around the net/on the pp. Definitely has value but isn't much of a factor 5 on 5 anymore. I'd like him on the Leafs given we're weak in those two areas but imo he's mostly living off name recognition rather than current ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad