TSN: Silfverberg Expected to re-sign with the Ducks

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
why? Capped out?
Their forward group includes Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Eaves, Henrique, Rackell, Kase, Shore, Rowney, Sprong, Ritchie for next season. And expect Terry, Jones, Steel, Comtois to make it. Eaves due to medical condition likely on LTIR. That’s still 14 players without Silfverberg. Not sure they need both Silfverberg and Henrique.

No one is taking Kesler off their hands unless there is either retention or contract going the other way. Same with Perry and both guys hold nmc.

$10 million in cap space. Need a backup goalie and they have elc Dmen coming up to take the bottom pairing. And Eaves should be in LTIR.

Cap space isn’t an issue. Just whether they really should be returning the same group. Only Cogs has been moved out of their veteran group.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
They don't currently have enough tagging room to officially extend Silfverberg as of now.
Interesting rule. Don't think this applies to many teams around the league at any point (can think of Marner and the Leafs, but that is it).

I don't know why you would extend him now. Get the futures for him and be done with it. Unless this is a tactic to drive up the price, of course.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Interesting rule. Don't think this applies to many teams around the league at any point (can think of Marner and the Leafs, but that is it).

I don't know why you would extend him now. Get the futures for him and be done with it. Unless this is a tactic to drive up the price, of course.
I'm really hoping the extension is in place but we trade him now and sign him in the offseason.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
They don't currently have enough tagging room to officially extend Silfverberg as of now.

How much is Silfverberg's re-signing expected to be? According to capfriendly, Ducks have $6.6M to work around before the tagging rule takes affect.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Resigning him is just dumb unless it is an absolute killer deal without a NTC.

And, you would have to assume that this means Henrique of Fowler are on the move.

You know it Gliff. We can’t afford Silfverberg as is. Murray has to clear some salary. Ducks literally got 55 grand in Cap Space as I type this.

Fowler and Henrique both likely are on the move.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I’m ok with him signing if they can move the Henrique contract off the books. Positions aside Silf is a more valuable player.

The fourth period already said Henrique is gaining a lot of interest. I can see Montreal and Hurricanes taking him.

This may be the first time that website was right about something. As it’s seeming like it’s going in that direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad