Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Parayko signs
5 years at 27.5 million
Per tsn

Only 2 UFA years bought though so it fits in nicely with the pther pkayers who signed long term right off their ELC's. Not really a comparible deal for Trouba unless he is looking for 5 years in which he's get a bit more given we'd be buying 3 years of UFA.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Right in line with what i thought. And trouba should very much be in this ballpark.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
After this deal, I don't know how trouba could say no to a 7 year, 50 million dollar contract.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Doesn't mean anything with the Parynko signing, Trouba still finding the quickest route out of here. If he really wanted to sign would have happened last year. Guaranteed money still sitting on the table....not sure what more you guys need to accept this...when he leaves some of you will still be scratching your heads and making excuses....I love the guy and hope he stays long term but its beyond obvious at this point....min RFA followed by min RFA followed by UFA to big market US Team (Rangers or one of the like). bookmark it here....I know if he signs I'll be eating major crow but I'm more than confident it won't....

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Doesn't mean anything with the Parynko signing, Trouba still finding the quickest route out of here. If he really wanted to sign would have happened last year. Guaranteed money still sitting on the table....not sure what more you guys need to accept this...when he leaves some of you will still be scratching your heads and making excuses....I love the guy and hope he stays long term but its beyond obvious at this point....min RFA followed by min RFA followed by UFA to big market US Team (Rangers or one of the like). bookmark it here....I know if he signs I'll be eating major crow but I'm more than confident it won't....

You assume everything is black and white and there is no opportunity for a change of heart.

What was true last summer may not be true next summer. I don't think I saw any pictures of his dog wearing Jets gear last summer. So that is different.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud

Yeah... Only thing I could see stopping that is a legitimate chance at a cup/cups.

but yeah I think we trade him .

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
as long as JT gets to play the side he wants to play, he will stay in WPG....it was reported on the afternoon 1290 show several weeks ago, because he was able to play on the side he wanted, he enjoyed playing here....

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
You assume everything is black and white and there is no opportunity for a change of heart.

What was true last summer may not be true next summer. I don't think I saw any pictures of his dog wearing Jets gear last summer. So that is different.

If your basing his signing on the fact he posted a picture of his dog wearing jets gear then I'm afraid your in for a big disappointment. If he had a change of heart then why hasn't he signed yet?? I haven't heard a peep from either side about negotiations.... He has set in place an exodus plan and is well on his way. Next summer they will go to arbitration for a 1 year contract and he'll be a free agent. I would think locking up a blue chip D man would be priority #1 for the Jets regardless of where they are at in the RFA contract. Look I'm a huge Trouba fan (have his Jersey) but lets all be honest here and evaluate how we got to this point......

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If your basing his signing on the fact he posted a picture of his dog wearing jets gear then I'm afraid your in for a big disappointment. If he had a change of heart then why hasn't he signed yet?? I haven't heard a peep from either side about negotiations.... He has set in place an exodus plan and is well on his way. Next summer they will go to arbitration for a 1 year contract and he'll be a free agent. I would think locking up a blue chip D man would be priority #1 for the Jets regardless of where they are at in the RFA contract. Look I'm a huge Trouba fan (have his Jersey) but lets all be honest here and evaluate how we got to this point......

I'm not basing it on that at all and if you've seem my posts on Trouba they've been pretty consistent.

1) I expect him to file for arbitration
2) I expect a long term contract to be signed next summer.

It follows a trail that many players have followed before him. The path you are predicting has never been followed.

BTW if he doesn't file for arbitration then that is probably a more daunting obstacle course for Chevy to navigate.

Edit: I also won't be disappointed at all if Trouba goes through arbitration twice. In fact I have said many times I will commend him for it if he actually has the conviction to see it through.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not basing it on that at all and if you've seem my posts on Trouba they've been pretty consistent.

1) I expect him to file for arbitration
2) I expect a long term contract to be signed next summer.

It follows a trail that many players have followed before him. The path you are predicting has never been followed.

BTW if he doesn't file for arbitration then that is probably a more daunting obstacle course for Chevy to navigate.

Edit: I also won't be disappointed at all if Trouba goes through arbitration twice. In fact I have said many times I will commend him for it if he actually has the conviction to see it through.

I'd put $$ on my route over yours...if your basing it loosely on "historically" how these scenarios have played out before then your logic is flawed. This isn't a computer program where you follow the same logic each time. This is an individual person who provided some convoluted reasoning about why he was unhappy.....look no point in this convo continuing I get your position and I'm not going to sell you on mine we both have our reasoning...lets just let it play out...I truly hope I east crow on this one....

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I suppose it's possible he wants to wait a year to see how the team progresses (as in do we make the playoffs and win some rounds).

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
There is no good reason why he would not at the very least hear what the jets were going to offer this off season. None what so ever.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'd put $$ on my route over yours...if your basing it loosely on "historically" how these scenarios have played out before then your logic is flawed. This isn't a computer program where you follow the same logic each time. This is an individual person who provided some convoluted reasoning about why he was unhappy.....look no point in this convo continuing I get your position and I'm not going to sell you on mine we both have our reasoning...lets just let it play out...I truly hope I east crow on this one....

Sure you can
It's all the same process with different results

You're betting on a hunch

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Just because I think Trouba signs a long term deal with the Jets does not mean he won't be traded afterwards. Both could happen.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
So based on your scenario. Chevy is sitting there with a 8x8 offer. Not that he would he isn't nuts but why would you not as a agent listen to him and sign a contract and ask for a trade after. Why risk injury and never signing a long term contract ever. They are trying to lower his value as much and as fast as they can to force the jets to trade him.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

I'm prepared to split that plate of crow with you. Perhaps with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. Although I expect it to end in a trade before it gets too far. To paraphrase the infamous meme, no matter how good he plays, somebody somewhere is tired of putting up with his ****. And I think that somebody is Chevy. Given that I think the decision to move him is already a fait accompli, I wish it would happen sooner than later so we can all just move on.

Oh, and here's a little how-to video that Vegans may not want to watch. ;)

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
So based on your scenario. Chevy is sitting there with a 8x8 offer. Not that he would he isn't nuts but why would you not as a agent listen to him and sign a contract and ask for a trade after. Why risk injury and never signing a long term contract ever. They are trying to lower his value as much and as fast as they can to force the jets to trade him.

If trouba's agent is trying to lower his value then he might be the worst agent ever...

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If trouba's agent is trying to lower his value then he might be the worst agent ever...

He is trying to lower his value to the jets only.Trouba is worth more today in a trade then in 2 years to the jets with no long term contract. Who is going to give up a whole lot to trade for him if they dont know if he signs there long term either. If like some say he will sign a long term contract next year and still look to get traded then why not sign now and not risk injury if you can get the money and term you would be looking for next year this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland