Value of: Signed Taylor Hall on July 1st (trade)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Those are all projections - Hall is a proven MVP who would be signed long term

It wouldnt even come close

Suzuki would be the 3rd best piece going the other way

Prepare to be IMMENSELY disappointed. NJ would obviously want to keep Hall, so if he's being moved its because he doesn't want to re-sign. That immediately puts a huge dent in NJ's bargaining power. Look at the return for Karlsson (a better player than Hall) and tell me how three of those assets are Suzuki value or better. If you want to argue that he has an extension then it wouldn't be happening until at least July.

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006
It is kind of satisfying after two years of everyone bashing the Hall/Larsson trade to see all these completely underwhelming proposals. Not one player mentioned as a possible return for Hall would be anywhere near as important to the Devils as Larsson is to the Oilers. I wouldn't sweat it any way. Hall is not a perfect person but disloyalty is not one of his bad qualities. He wanted to stay in Edmonton despite the terrible teams he had to play for there and I think he will want to resign in Jersey and help make the team better. He has never been a quitter.

Reactions: My3Sons

Mar 26, 2010
Oh look a new Devil fan.Color me surprised
Taylor Hall...

What do you think it will take? Larsson does not get it done this time around. Worst trade in the history of the modern nhl.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Taylor Hall...

What do you think it will take? Larsson does not get it done this time around. Worst trade in the history of the modern nhl.
I pretty sure most hockey fans know that and also thought that on the day of the trade.

Mar 26, 2010
You think the Hall trade was worse than the Oilers trading the Barzal pick for basically zilch? Ok then.
Oilers likely would not have even taken Barzal. 16th overall pick...NYI had some luck on that.

Hall is a superstar.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Dont think this would scratch the surface honestly

Suzuki would be nice as an addition but i think itd take one of Domi/Drouin as well as a few picks
At what point will people learn? Eric Karlsson did not go for top prospects in his last year why do people think other players will. Teams are willing to wait the extra year for free agency and low ball the selling team. Also the assumption of a contract extension is silly unless the player is picking where he is going which still means the offer will be low.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
At what point will people learn? Eric Karlsson did not go for top prospects in his last year why do people think other players will. Teams are willing to wait the extra year for free agency and low ball the selling team. Also the assumption of a contract extension is silly unless the player is picking where he is going which still means the offer will be low.

EK's production since has shown that this was an equal trade in terms of how far he's declined due to his permanent injury. Ottawa's GM knew what he was doing here.

You're paying a lot more for a signed Hall.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Suzuki and Brook are both killing the CHL
Susuki is projected to be a top 6 forward sniper and Brook a top pairing defenseman.

Suzuki is captain of the OHL team

Brook is captain of the WHL team

If that’s not blue chip then what is? Maybe I’m using the term wrong.
They are both VERY good prospects and leaders on their teams, let’s put it that way.

Blue Chip typically refers to players at the next level. Basically, prospect among the best at their position when it comes to other prospects. A can't miss prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad