Value of: Signed Taylor Hall on July 1st (trade)

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Hypothetical: Devils place bottom-5 this season and Shero makes it known to Hall they wont stop rebuilding for another few years. Hall wants to compete in his prime and respecfully says he likely won’t re-sign. Hall re-signing with the team he goes to will be assumed for this exercise

What can the reigning MVP garner in a deal on July 1st?

Edit: if youd like to make an offer for a rental-Hall, just make note of it in your post. I didnt think I needed to make it known here that you can do that but here it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Because Hall isn't going to re-sign with a basement team. I guarantee it.
Ya I didnt realize he only has 2 years left on his deal. That is pretty tough, I could see NJ moving him in the summer to a team who can resign him the following year.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
did you not read the OP?...

Shero will get shafted if he single-handedly loses Taylor Hall in his prime. If I was him and I was in that position, I would be buying.

Hall, Nico, Top 5 pick, Smith and Palmieri are very good players. Losing Hall will just set us back for years.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
PHI: Nolan Patrick + Oskar Lindblom + 2019 1st + Phillipe Myers

NJ: Taylor Hall

Obviously this is something that would never happen. Just thought it would be fun.

Tried to keep the pieces going back to NJ young since it wouldn’t make sense for NJ to take a deal around Voracek + or Simmonds ++ and stuff like that.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
PHI: Nolan Patrick + Oskar Lindblom + 2019 1st + Phillipe Myers

NJ: Taylor Hall

Obviously this is something that would never happen. Just thought it would be fun.

Tried to keep the pieces going back to NJ young since it wouldn’t make sense for NJ to take a deal around Voracek + or Simmonds ++ and stuff like that.
i think its require one of the top young D from Philly (Sanheim or Provorov) + picks/prospects because this is likely for Hall to sign

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
i think its require one of the top young D from Philly (Sanheim or Provorov) + picks/prospects because this is likely for Hall to sign
Phillipe Myers has the same upside as Sanheim and is a RHD. If you would like so:

PHI: Travis Sanheim + Oskar Lindblom + 2019 1st + Jay O’Brien + German Rubtsov

NJ: Hall

May be too much quantity to judge, but I feel like the trade breaks down with a Sanheim/Patrick base.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hall is the exact type of player who declines hard in his 30's. It would be smart IMO to move Hall if discussions won't go anywhere instead of overpaying him to stay.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I wonder if a contending team would be willing to pay just as much for Hall as a one year rental when compared to a team trading for Hall who wants an extension in place. His contract is very affordable at $6M for what he produces and I'm sure cap teams would make short term space for a player like Hall.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Dont think this would scratch the surface honestly

Suzuki would be nice as an addition but i think itd take one of Domi/Drouin as well as a few picks
No deal. Domi/Drouin are not for trade. Your getting 3 nhl future NHL players with my offer, Brook is projected to be a top 4 right defenseman. I would add a draft pick but that’s it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Shero will get shafted if he single-handedly loses Taylor Hall in his prime. If I was him and I was in that position, I would be buying.

Hall, Nico, Top 5 pick, Smith and Palmieri are very good players. Losing Hall will just set us back for years.

If you're already including your top prospect and top draft pick in your core, then what assets are you going to spend to buy? You could trade every 2020 draft pick and it might not get you the players you need to take a step. I'd stay patient.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Hypothetical: Devils place bottom-5 this season and Shero makes it known to Hall they wont stop rebuilding for another few years. Hall wants to compete in his prime and respecfully says he likely won’t re-sign. Edit: Hall re-signing with the team he goes to will be assumed for this exercise

What can the reigning MVP garner in a deal on July 1st?

A contending team may not be able to afford to re-sign Hall. Bit of a limiting clause.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
No deal. Domi/Drouin are not for trade. Your getting 3 nhl future NHL players with my offer, Brook is projected to be a top 4 right defenseman. I would add a draft pick but that’s it.
Those are all projections - Hall is a proven MVP who would be signed long term

It wouldnt even come close

Suzuki would be the 3rd best piece going the other way

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
A contending team may not be able to afford to re-sign Hall. Bit of a limiting clause.
Youd have to imagne Hall doesnt want to go to a team for one year and then find himself looking again. He wants to consistently contend , and NJ cant afford to only get rental value for him.

Obviously itd be better than nothing but just for this exercise, a signed Hall would make for far more interesting trades. Also NJ can eat cap as they have a LOT of it if Hall isnt staying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad