Value of: Signed Taylor Hall on July 1st (trade)

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Those are all projections - Hall is a proven MVP who would be signed long term

It wouldnt even come close

Suzuki would be the 3rd best piece going the other way

Those 3 guys + 1st + spare parts is the most I would give up. We can’t afford to give you roster players. Especially not the ones you want.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
It is such a waste of time to discuss Hall's unwillingness to sign an extension, before he's even eligible to sign said extension.

Can't we save this conversation until after he can sign in July 2019?
How about we not speculate on something we know knowing about about yet.
at what age did your imaginations die?

Holy shit , idt ive seen people struggle with the word hypothetical as much as i have in the first hour of this thread...

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Holy **** , idt ive seen people struggle with the word hypothetical as much as i have in the first hour of this thread...

A half-scroll down the page is a thread with a title highlighting Hall's benching and New Jersey potentially needing a shake-up.

You seriously you'd field fair, thoughtful offers in this thread?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Probably going to catch **** for this. No, definitely will.

But I'd absolutely look at a trade revolving around Hall for Jake DeBrusk +.

Both contracts expire after next season.

Hall is obviously due for a raise so it would take Sweeney some maneuvering. Especially after next season where Heinen, McAvoy, Carlo, etc. needs raises. Boston also would have to move some cap to make it work with his current cap hit I believe.

NJ gets a really impressive younger wing still on his ELC plus some added parts to that trade. Boston gets a guy for Krejci to drool over and solidify that second line.

(Runs back to his Xbox to continue playing NHL 19).

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
It appears we have very differing opinions on what "blue chip" means.
Suzuki and Brook are both killing the CHL
Susuki is projected to be a top 6 forward sniper and Brook a top pairing defenseman.

Suzuki is captain of the OHL team

Brook is captain of the WHL team

If that’s not blue chip then what is? Maybe I’m using the term wrong.
They are both VERY good prospects and leaders on their teams, let’s put it that way.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Ana: Kessel + Maatta
NJ: Fowler + M. Murray + Ritchie + Ana cap dump
Pitt: Hall (signed long term) + Schneider + Mueller

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
Hall is the exact type of player who declines hard in his 30's. It would be smart IMO to move Hall if discussions won't go anywhere instead of overpaying him to stay.
Why? Sure he has a history of playing a bit reckless but I think it's overstated at this point. Hall plays fast... not overly physical.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011

Holy **** , idt ive seen people struggle with the word hypothetical as much as i have in the first hour of this thread...
Devil fans are delicate and can’t handle the truth about our team right now. Our boards are unbearable because of all of the delusional fans right now.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Just edited the OP, stated its for a signed Hall

My bad for not writing it earlier

There is not going to be any trade with a signed Hall. You are just being unrealistic in an attempt toboost his trade value.

Any team will take Hall unsigned and take their chances on signing him to their own contract. And i don't see what Hall has to gain by agreeing to a sign and trade. He loses all leverage in where he wants to play and is way better off just waiting to go on to the open market as a free agent where he will get more money as well.

It's either the Devils will trade him as a pending 2020 UFA or they keep him.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
PHI: Nolan Patrick + Oskar Lindblom + 2019 1st + Phillipe Myers

NJ: Taylor Hall

Obviously this is something that would never happen. Just thought it would be fun.

Tried to keep the pieces going back to NJ young since it wouldn’t make sense for NJ to take a deal around Voracek + or Simmonds ++ and stuff like that.
That’s a solid offer

Reactions: CapnZin

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
There is not going to be any trade with a signed Hall. You are just being unrealistic in an attempt toboost his trade value.

Any team will take Hall unsigned and take their chances on signing him to their own contract. And i don't see what Hall has to gain by agreeing to a sign and trade. He loses all leverage in where he wants to play and is way better off just waiting to go on to the open market as a free agent where he will get more money as well.

It's either the Devils will trade him as a pending 2020 UFA or they keep him.
From all of the talk, Hall quite literally just wants to contend.

The man lives in Jersey rn so I doubt hed go back to a wasteland, but most of the contending teams are nice places to live right now (Winnipeg cant really afford him anyway). I think he will go wherever he gets the best chance

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
PHI: Nolan Patrick + Oskar Lindblom + 2019 1st + Phillipe Myers

NJ: Taylor Hall

Obviously this is something that would never happen. Just thought it would be fun.

Tried to keep the pieces going back to NJ young since it wouldn’t make sense for NJ to take a deal around Voracek + or Simmonds ++ and stuff like that.
I think NJ accepts this offer.

Reactions: CapnZin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad