Proposal: Sign Jonathan Toews for 4th line (1-year)

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Based purely on on-ice factors, Toews lost a step since getting long COVID. I respect the hustle and him wanting to go out on a high note, but I'd rather that not be with us.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No. If we want a vet, it has to be a Giroux type that is a legit great option for whatever line we're targeting.

Plus...we either trust the leadership core we're developing, or we don't. You can't go out and throw big money, long-term contracts at Brady and Thomas and Timmy (and soon Sandy), then turn around and bring in an old fart who has to be dragged up and down the ice for LeAdErShIp.

• Haha
Reactions: DylanSensFan

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Which prospect gets forced down to Bellville, with Toews on the roster?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ain’t happening , PR issue for him being negligent to rape and he likely has better options

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Thought about this, but I’ll pass. Was a huge huge Toewes fan and when I put myself in his shoes I can understand why he did nothing, but it’s still wrong, and so disappointing to think he didn’t help someone in that situation. Ottawa would be a good landing spot for him, but I think he goes to a low key place and not a Canadian market. Could see him signing in Dallas or TB.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ain’t happening , PR issue for him being negligent to rape and he likely has better options

The two halves of that last sentence really hit like a hammer. And it's absolutely true.

Really makes you wonder what kind of world we're living in right now.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sign Monahan instead
I have a soft spot for Monahan as a 67's fan but we have to be realistic - he is a mess injury wise. He started the year surprisingly well in Montreal and then - surprise! - he got hurt again. Dude has had something like five surgeries in a seven year span. He'd be a great value signing if you thought he could stay healthy, but I don't believe that for a minute.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
3 years / 12M. A GM should be fired for taking that to his ownership
Why? There are way worse contracts out there for players who have done less in their careers. Coming off of a contract that payed him 10m per getting something like 5m, 4m, 3m to be a veteran support center with experience doesn't seem crazy at all.

Reactions: bert

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Why? There are way worse contracts out there for players who have done less in their careers. Coming off of a contract that payed him 10m per getting something like 5m, 4m, 3m to be a veteran support center with experience doesn't seem crazy at all.
It certainly seems crazy to me

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He’s washed and spent his entire career in Chicago and now has health problems likely forcing him to retire .

He’s highly unlikely to be coming here

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino